An Overview of Algeria
- Algeria has a population of 44.6 million.
- Capital: Algiers
- Official Language: Arabic
- Total Area: 2.38 million km²
- Currency: Algerian Dinar
Economic Statistics of Algeria
- Algeria has reached a GDP of 172 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Natural Gas
- Light Industries
- Food Processing
- The breakdown of Algeria’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (47.4%)
- Industry (39.2%)
- Agriculture (13.3%)
- The main importers of Algeria’s goods are
- Italy (17.4%)
- Spain (13.0%)
- France (11.9%)
- US (9.4%)
- Brazil (6.2%)
- While the main exporters to Algeria are
- France (9.2%)
- Italy (8.0%)
- Germany (7.0%)
- Spain (6.9%)
The Printing Industry in Algeria
- As the economy in Algeria has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Algeria is one of the three largest importers of printing and paper technology on the African continent, along with South Africa and Egypt.
- The Algerian government has resorted again to the printing press to inject in the market over 4,000 billion dinars, the equivalent of 20% of the country’s GDP
As of now, most printing companies in Algeria will have printers that can be fed instructions via a touch panel instead of clumsy buttons.
As a result, more people in Algeria are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
High Resolution Inkjet Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Algeria
- With €246 million, Algeria is the largest importer of packaging technology in Africa and the Middle East
- The largest companies by turnover in Algeria in the packaging industry are Rahmani Emballage, EMB-FBF - Société des Emballages Fer Blanc & Fûts,Spa, CLEAN International, MEPAC, and ETS BENMANSOUR.
- The increased demand in manufactured products has led many companies in the industry to invest in new production facilities.
- This boosting economy in Algeria will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in Algeria
- The industries of Algeria, which traditionally have been concentrated around Algiers and Oran, have included carpet mills, cement factories, chemical plants, automobile assembly plants, food-processing installations, oil refineries, soap factories, and textile plants.
- They are mainly composed of petroleum derivatives and petrochemicals (80.5%), followed by processed food (11.5%), mining (3.6%) and building materials (1%).
- As a whole, manufacturing industries still play a marginal role in Algeria’s economy, with a contribution of 4.9% to GDP in 2014.
- Hence, Algeria’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Algeria
Camainks uses the Port of Algiers when exporting printing products to Algeria
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Algiers when exporting to our clients in Algeria. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Algeria Import?
Although Algeria does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Algeria still needs to import from countries such as China, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain. This demand for importing printers and ink in Algeria is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Algeria imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Algeria?
- Customs declarations must be made in writing and signed by the declarant, who may be the owner, the customs agent, or the carrier. The declaration must be submitted to the customs office having jurisdiction over the port of entry.
- The Algerian government bans the import of firearms, explosives, narcotics, around 260 pharmaceutical products (see below), some types of medical equipment, all types of used equipment, vehicles over three years old, genetically modified seeds, and pork products.
- Phyto-sanitary and sanitary control regulations are in place. As a rule, animal and plant products that risk propagating diseases cannot be imported. In these matters, Algeria adheres to the principle of precaution.
- Algeria applies customs tariffs to imported goods ranging from 0 to 30 percent, depending on the type of product. Customs uses the CIF price (e.g., the price before tax) to calculate duties and taxes.
- The imports of chemicals require a permit issued by the Technical Committee for Dangerous Chemical Substances and Products coming under the Algerian Ministry of Industry and Mining.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Algeria’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Algeria Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Algeria require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Algeria, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Algeria can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 Ink Supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Algeria?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Algeria. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Algeria. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.