An Overview of Belgium
- Belgium has a population of 11.6 million.
- Capital: Brussels
- Official Language: Dutch, French, German
- Total Area: 1.01 million km²
- Currency: Euro
Economic Statistics of Belgium
- Belgium has reached a GDP of 576 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Motor Vehicle Assembly
- Transportation Equipment
- Scientific Instruments
- Food Processing
- The breakdown of Belgium’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (77.2%)
- Agriculture (22.1%)
- Industry (0.7%)
- The main importers of Belgium’s goods are
- Germany (16.6%)
- France (14.9%)
- Netherlands (12.0%)
- United Kingdom (8.4%)
- Italy (4.9%)
- While the main exporters to Belgium are
The Printing Industry in Belgium
- As the economy in Belgium has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Belgium’s printing industry is sought to be ranked as the biggest digital printing market in Africa.
- The printing industry in Belgium did fairly well in 2019 and even during the COVID-19 crisis in 2020, despite the country being hit hard by the virus.
- Although production volumes in 2019 were down compared to 2015, Belgium did better than the European Union average in the production index for printing and recorded media.
- As a result, more people in Belgium are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Packaging Industry in Belgium
- Belgium is one of the top ten consuming countries in Africa. For Belgium, three key factors stand out in particular. Firstly with 90 million inhabitants, the country is the most populated of the MENA Region.
- the recycling of plastics in Belgium has increased by 54% since 2006, but that recycled plastics are not yet fully used as raw material for the creation of new products.
- The sector has saved an average of 56,000 tonnes of packaging per year, the federation said, which corresponds to about 5 kg per Belgian per year, report.
- This boosting economy in Belgium will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: Handheld TIJ Printer Standard
The Manufacturing Industry in Belgium
- Metallurgy, steel, textiles, chemicals, glass, paper, and food processing are the dominant industries.
- Belgium is one of the world's leading processors of cobalt, radium, copper, zinc, and lead.
- Refineries, located principally in the Antwerp area, process crude petroleum.
- Hence, Belgium’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Belgium
Camainks uses the Port of Antwerp when exporting printing products to Belgium
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Antwerp when exporting to our clients in Belgium. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Domino BK 0101 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Belgium Import?
Although Belgium does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Belgium still needs to import from countries such as Netherlands, Germany, France, US, and UK. This demand for importing printers and ink in Belgium is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Belgium imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Belgium?
- U.S. companies exporting to the Belgium from outside the European Union are required to present the following items: Commercial invoice; Bill of lading; Shipper’s export declaration (SED) for items requiring an export license or valued above $2,500 (submitted only to U.S. Customs); and Declaration of conformity (issued by importer).
- Goods brought into the EU customs territory are, from the time of their entry, subject to customs supervision until customs formalities are completed. Goods are covered by a Summary Declaration, which is filed once the items have been presented to customs officials.
- Belgium applies the EU customs laws and coherent regulations, as well as common customs tariffs from the United States and other non-EU countries. When products enter the EU, they need to be declared to customs according to their classification in the Combined Nomenclature (CN).
- Most industrial products imported to Belgium are subject to customs duty varying from zero percent to 15 percent. Duty rates for foodstuffs can be higher, as they are based on the weight of the commodity. The value for customs purposes is directly based on the value of transaction: product price, transportation, and insurance.
- The Prior Informed Consent Regulation administers the import and export of certain hazardous chemicals and places obligations on companies who wish to export.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Belgium’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Belgium Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Belgium require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Belgium, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Belgium can have variant product quality.
How to buy Markem Imaje 9175 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Belgium?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Belgium. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Belgium. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.