An Overview of Cambodia
- Cambodia has a population of16.49 million
- Capital:Phnom Penh
- Official Language:Khmer
- Total Area:181,035 km²
- Currency:Cambodian Riel
Economic Statistics of Cambodia
- Cambodia has reached a GDP of 27.09 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- The breakdown of Cambodia GDP Composition includes
- Services (38.85%)
- Industry (34.23%)
- Agriculture (20.71%)
- The main importers of Cambodia’s goods are
- United States (29%)
- Japan (7.68%)
- Germany (7.29%)
- United Kingdom (6.6%)
- While the main exporters to Cambodia are
- Thailand (15.9%)
- Vietnam (13.4%)
- Japan (4.37%)
- Indonesia (3.8%)
The Printing Industry in Cambodia
- As the economy in Cambodia has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Cambodia and the region's printing industry, especially for packaging, is expanding. It has undoubtedly progressed, and demand is gradually increasing. It's a positive sign for Cambodia's printing industry's future. Above all, changing customer preferences have prompted the use of printed packaging in everyday life.
- According to new research, the global packaging printing market is primarily driven by growth in the packaging industry, as well as increasing demand for aesthetic appeal and creative printing.
- Flexography, offset, optical, and other printing technologies are all used in the packaging printing industry. Cosmetics and toiletries, food and beverages, healthcare, and other industries are all included in the packaging printing industry. Packaging printing has a number of advantages, including improved visual appeal, better communicability, and counterfeit protection.
- As a result, more people in Cambodia are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Desktop TIJ Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Cambodia
- This boostingeconomy in Cambodia will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial Printer: Handheld TIJ Printer Standard
The Manufacturing Industry in Cambodia
- In 2016, the manufacturing sector accounted for 31% of Cambodia's GDP. The nation has the highest growth rate for value added in industry in Southeast Asia.
- According to the Asian Development Bank, the country's manufacturing sector will expand by 9.6% this year, with a decline in garments and footwear offset by stronger growth in emerging industries such as electrical parts, automotive components, bicycles, milled rice, and rubber. Cambodia became the top bicycle supplier in the European Union in 2017.
- The light manufacturing assembly sector in Cambodia, which is mainly but not exclusively located in special economic zones, is primarily concerned with labor-intensive operations. The garment industry remains a major driver of growth, with 643 factories employing an average of 635,000 people in early 2017. The manufacturing sector in Cambodia has a lot of potential for growth for the coming years.
Hence, Cambodia’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Cambodia
Sihanoukville on the Gulf of Siam
Phnom Penh on the Mekong river
The provincial port of Koh Kong
Camainks uses Sihanoukville port when exporting printing products to Cambodia
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Sihanoukville when exporting to our clients in Cambodia. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
Citronix cij inks
Other printer spare parts
Domino BK 0101 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Cambodia Import?
Although Cambodia does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Cambodia still needs to import from countries such as China, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, and Indonesia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Cambodia is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Cambodia imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Cambodia?
- Businessesimporting into Cambodia must provide the following documents when their goods arrive: Customs Import Declaration, Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Road Transport Document (if arriving by land), Bill of Lading (if arriving by sea), Import Permit, Insurance Certificate, Tax Certificate, Certificate of Origin, and Company Registration.
- Pre-arrival inspections are required for all foodstuffs, chemicals, medicines, and electrical (or electronic) equipment imported into Cambodia. Camcontrol, Cambodia's Import-Export Inspection and Fraud Repression Directorate-General, is in charge of this evaluation.
- Cambodia has tariff rates ranging from 0% to 35%. Typically, primary goods and raw materials are subject to a tariff rate of 7%; capital goods and locally available raw materials are subject to a tariff rate of 15%; and finished goods, including alcohol, gasoline, automobiles, and precious metals, are subject to a tariff rate of 35%.
- Quantitative limitations apply to certain imports such as hazardous chemicals, and importers of these items must obtain approval from specific government ministries or technical agencies. Depending on the nature and form of the imported product, import permits or licenses are required from relevant government agencies.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important tofollow Cambodia’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Cambodia Import Printers and Ink?
- Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Cambodia require printers and ink promptly.
- High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Cambodia, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
- Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Cambodia can have variant product quality.
Markem Imaje 9175 ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Cambodia?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Cambodia. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Cambodia. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.