An Overview of Chile
- Chile has a population of 19.2 million.
- Capital: Santiago
- Official Language: Spanish
- Total Area: 756,950 km²
- Currency: Chilean Peso
Economic Statistics of Chile
- Chile has reached a GDP of 456.4 billion USD. Its largest industries are
Iron and Steel
- The breakdown of Chile’ GDP Composition includes
- The main importers of Chile’s goods are
United States (14.5%)
South Korea (6.2%)
- While the main exporters to Chile are
United States (18.1%)
The Printing Industry in Chile
- As the economy in Chile has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Chile remains the region’s most stable label market, thanks to its highly developed wine export sector.
- The strength of the local market was amply demonstrated by the two-day conference and table-top exhibition Label Summit Latin America, part of the Labelexpo Global Series.
- In recent years Chile focused on multinational converting groups looking to acquire local printers.
- As a result, more people in Chile are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Desktop TIJ Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Chile
- The Chilean packaging industry is a highly competitive supplier to Latin America. The industry is driven by the growth and sophistication of domestic demand
- Packaging industry in Chile is estimated to grow to 21,856.3 Million units in 2021, registering a CAGR of 2.9%.
- This growth will be largely influenced by changing consumer behaviour resulting from hectic lifestyles, rising disposable income, and demand for convenience.
- This boosting economy in Chile will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: VJ 1510 Printer Original
The Manufacturing Industry in Chile
- Key sectors include textiles, automobiles, chemicals, rubber products, steel, cement, and consumer goods.
- Manufacturing Production in Chile decreased 0.60 percent in February of 2021 over the same month in the previous year.
- Chile has three oil refineries, with a production capacity of 205,000 barrels per day. It has a fledgling automobile industry: in 2001, Chile produced 10,519 units, up from 5,245 in 2000. It also produces some heavy trucks.
- Hence, Chile’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Chile
- San Antonio
- Punta Arenas
Camainks uses the Port of Valparaiso when exporting printing products to Chile
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Valparaiso when exporting to our clients in Chile. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Chile Import?
Although Chile does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Chile still needs to import from countries such as China, Brazil, United States, Argentina, and Germany. This demand for importing printers and ink in Chile is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Chile imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printer
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Chile?
- The U.S.-Chile Free Trade Agreement (FTA) came into force on January 1, 2004. Tariffs on 90 percent of U.S. exports to Chile were eliminated immediately. Since January 1, 2015, all trade between the U.S. and Chile became duty-free (i.e. zero tariff). For those products not of U.S. (or other FTA country) origin, Chile generally applies a uniform 6 percent tariff.
- Certain other imported “luxury goods” incur a 15 percent tax upon entry into Chile. These include: beer, chicha, cider, wine and champagne; gold, platinum, and white ivory articles; jewelry and natural or synthetic precious stones; fine furs; mobile home trailers; caviar conserves and their derivatives; pyrotechnic articles, such as fireworks, petards, and similar items (except for industrial, mining or agricultural use); air or gas arms and their accessories (except for underwater hunting); electric vehicles; and fine carpets and similar articles.
- The commercial forms used by both local importers and exporters are commercial invoices, certificates of origin, bills of lading, freight insurance, and packing lists. Special permission, certificates, and approval documents, such as sanitary and phytosanitary certificates, are required for most agricultural products and in special cases for industrial products.
- Importation of hazardous chemicals is subject to advance authorisation. Authorisation also necessary for management of hazardous chemicals according to Decree 78 of 2010.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Chile’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Chile Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Chile require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Chile, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Chile can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 Ink Supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Chile?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Chile. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Chile. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.