An Overview of China
- China has a population of 1.44 billion.
- Capital: Beijing
- Official Language: Mandarin
- Total Area: 9.597 million km²
- Currency: Chinese Yuan
Economic Statistics of China
- China has reached a GDP of 15 trillion USD. Its largest industries are
- Consumer goods and services
- Industrial Machinery, Gas, & Chemicals
- Life Sciences
- Online Retail
- Retail Market
- The breakdown of China’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (54.5%)
- Industry (37.8%)
- Agriculture (7.7%)
- The main importers of China’s goods are
- EU (17.2%)
- US (16.7%)
- ASEAN (12.83%)
- Hongkong (12.8%)
- Japan (12.16%)
- While the main exporters to China are
- EU (12.82%)
- ASEAN (12.58%)
- South Korea (6.3%)
- Japan (5.9%)
- Taiwan (5.5%)
The Printing Industry in China
- As the economy in China has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- In relation to other regions, the Chinese print industry is very price-sensitive. Despite the size of the overall industry, competition is quite fierce. This slows down shift from monochrome applications to full color and likely means that monochrome digital printing will remain a viable market in this region for many years to come.
- One of the most promising new introductions came from China-based Founder Electric, which introduced its P6600, a full-color continuous feed inkjet press. This device, which will be released in 2020, accommodates up to 6 colors, offers a print width of 660 mm, and features a web speed of 150 m/min.
- In terms of paper consumption, China represents the largest printing industry in the world. Since China is the world’s workshop, it should come as no surprise that packaging and label printing volumes are very high, but China also ranks on top for commercial print (on paper).
- As a result, more people in China are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Industrial printer: VJ 1510 Printer Original
The Packaging Industry in China
- Food industry characterized the most use of packaging in China and accounted for 43.2% market share. It was followed by non-alcoholic beverages and other industries with shares at 23.9% and 17.1%, respectively.
- The sector is majorly driven by growth in the rigid metal packaging, which is forecast to register the fastest volume CAGR of 5.9% during 2019-2024.
- The packaging sector in China is expected to reach 1,004.9 billion units in 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.8% during 2019-2024.
- This boosting economy in China will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Character Handheld Printer for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in China
- The range of Chinese goods includes iron, steel, aluminum, textiles, cement, chemicals, toys, electronics, rail cars, ships, aircraft, and many other products.
- As of 2015, manufacturing is the largest and most diverse sector in the country. China is a world leader in many types of goods.
- China is the world’s largest manufacturer in terms of output and has gained a reputation as the “world’s factory” soon after its accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001.
- Hence, China’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of China
Camainks uses Shanghai port when exporting printing products to China
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Shanghai when exporting to our clients in China. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- Other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do China Import?
Although China does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, China still needs to import from countries such as EU, ASEAN, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan. This demand for importing printers and ink in China is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that China imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to China?
- China classifies imports into three categories: prohibited, restricted and permitted. Certain goods (e.g. wastes, toxics) are banned from being imported, while select products in the restricted category require quotas or licenses. Most goods fall into the permitted category.
- China Customs assesses and collects tariffs. Import tariff rates are divided into six categories: general rates, most-favored-nation (MFN) rates, agreement rates, preferential rates, tariff rate quota rates, and provisional rates.
- Since China is a member of the WTO, imports from the United States are assessed at the MFN rate. The five Special Economic Zones, open cities, and foreign trade zones within cities offer preferential duty reductions or exemptions. Companies doing business in these areas should consult the relevant regulations.
- The Standardization Administration of China (SAC) is the central body for all activity related to developing and promulgating national standards in China. The China National Certification and Accreditation Administration (CNCA) coordinates compulsory certification and testing, including the China Compulsory Certification (CCC) mark
- In accordance with the requirements of Regulations on Safe Management of Hazardous Chemicals in China, China Customs will inspect the hazardous chemicals subject to import/ export as well as their packages, including the hazardous chemicals that are listed in the inventory of hazardous chemicals in China.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow China’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should China Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in China require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in China, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in China can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 Ink Supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for China?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in China. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in China. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.