An Overview of Ecuador
- Ecuador has a population of 17.9 million.
- Capital: Quito
- Official Language: Spanish
- Total Area: 283,560 km²
- Currency: USD
Economic Statistics of Ecuador
- Ecuador has reached a GDP of 200 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Food Processing
- Wood Products
- The breakdown of Ecuador’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (60.4%)
- Industry (32.9%)
- Agriculture (6.7%)
- The main importers of Ecuador’s goods are
- US (31.0%)
- Vietnam (7.6%)
- Chile (6.9%)
- Panama (4.8%)
- Russia (4.7%)
- While the main exporters to Ecuador are
- US (19.0%)
- Colombia (7.8%)
- Brazil (4.5%)
- Panama (4.4%)
The Printing Industry in Ecuador
- As the economy in Ecuador has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Top companies in the printing industry include Publidisgraphics, Kxpublicidad, Centro de Torah y Ciencia, Gráficas Modelo, and Creatas.
- The economy's expected recovery from the effects of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, owing to the reopening of businesses later in the year is likely to stimulate demand for print products.
- Exiting players Digitalization is anticipated to advance further, with digital applications offer various substitutes to internet products.
- As a result, more people in Ecuador are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Industrial Printer: CIJ Printer
The Packaging Industry in Ecuador
- The sector is highly diversified. Besides importing processing and packaging machinery, Ecuador also imports the majority of the raw materials needed for packaging such as cardboard boxes, plastic wrap, plastic bags, and labels.
- Imports dominate most of the machinery and supplies needed for the food processing and packaging industry. Market growth is largely tied to investment in technology and the expansion strategies of companies.
- The primary end-users for packaging machinery are: Food and agricultural industries, including supermarkets, Meat packers, Fruit processors, Raw fruit exporters, Banana, shrimp and flower exporters, Pharmaceutical companies, and Packaging processors.
- This boosting economy in Ecuador will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in Ecuador
- Manufacturing Production in Ecuador increased 20.66 percent in August of 2020 over the same month in the previous year.
- Although Ecuador's economy has long been dominated by primary and extractive industries such as agriculture, aquaculture, forestry, and petroleum, the past two decades have seen the development of a number of higher value-added manufacturing industries, such as textiles, automotive, metallurgy, processed foods, and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCGs).
- Geographically, industry remains heavily concentrated around the main urban areas, with almost 70% of the non-oil industrial and manufacturing sector located in Guayaquil and Quito.
- Hence, Ecuador’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Ecuador
- Bahia de Caraquez
Camainks uses the Port of Guayaquil when exporting printing products to Ecuador
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Guayaquil when exporting to our clients in Ecuador. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Linx 1010 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Ecuador Import?
Although Ecuador does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Ecuador still needs to import from countries such as US, China, Colombia, Brazil, and Panama. This demand for importing printers and ink in Ecuador is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Ecuador imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Ecuador?
- The import permit must be approved in Ecuador prior to import. Vehicles must be mentioned at the end of the packing list and in the bill of lading with complete specification.
- Since 2008, the government has been using a risk analysis system run by the National Customs Service of Ecuador (SENAE). All importers must register with SENAE and obtain a company tax number (RUC) issued by the Ecuadorian Internal Revenue Service (SRI).
- When the merchandise arrives in Ecuador, SENAE will authorize the payment of duties and the release of the goods using a virtual platform called “Ventanilla Unica” where all the documentation is submitted. It is advisable to use a specialized customs agent for this process.
- All importers must register with Servicio Nacional de Aduana del Ecuador (SENAE) and obtain a company tax number (RUC) issued by the Ecuadorian Internal Revenue Service. There are no requirements of prior notice, but certain goods, such as chemicals, weapons, and animals, require prior control for their importation.
- An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Ecuador’s import regulations.
Markem Imaje industrial ink for bulk ink purchases
Why Should Ecuador Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Ecuador require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Ecuador, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Ecuador can have variant product quality..
Desktop TIJ Printer for sale
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Ecuador?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Ecuador. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Ecuador. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.