An Overview of Egypt
- Egypt has a population of 103.8 million.
- Capital: Cairo
- Official Language: Arabic
- Total Area: 1.01 million km²
- Currency: Egyptian Pound
Economic Statistics of Egypt
- Egypt has reached a GDP of 374.9 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Textile production
- Food Processing
- The breakdown of Egypt’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (54.0%)
- Agriculture (34.3%)
- Industry (11.7%)
- The main importers of Egypt’s goods are
- UAE (10.9%)
- Italy (10.0%)
- United States (7.4%)
- United Kingdom (6.0%)
- Saudi Arabia (5.0%)
- While the main exporters to Egypt are
- UAE (5.2%)
- Germany (4.8%)
- Saudi Arabia (4.6%)
- Russia (4.3%)
The Printing Industry in Egypt
- As the economy in Egypt has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Egypt’s printing industry is sought to be ranked as the biggest digital printing market in Africa.
- The current market conditions, competition and fiscal measures affect the economics of printing houses in Egypt across the four product groups of Print Media, Books, Commercial and Packaging.
- Egypt targeted a 20 percent increase in the exports of printing and packaging manufacturing sector to $1.6 billion in 2019.
- As a result, more people in Egypt are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Packaging Industry in Egypt
- Egypt is one of the top ten consuming countries in Africa. For Egypt, three key factors stand out in particular. Firstly with 90 million inhabitants, the country is the most populated of the MENA Region.
- The rising culture of healthy drinking, higher consumption of ready-to-drink dairy beverages, and the rise in online shopping is altering the way dairy products are being purchased and consumed in Egypt.
- Egypt's packaging industry is projected to reach 95.92 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 12.22%, during 2021-2026.
- This boosting economy in Egypt will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer:Handheld TIJ Printer Standard
The Manufacturing Industry in Egypt
- Egyptian manufacturing industries have been able to post seven consecutive years of overall growth. In 2018 manufacturing expanded by 4.8%, an improvement on the 2017 growth rate of 2.1%.
- The sector’s extractive segments, which include petroleum and gas extraction and mining, also experienced significant growth. The segment expanded by 7.7% in 2018, compared to a 1.8% contraction in 2017.
- Positive results were seen across the extractive sub sectors; petroleum production grew by 0.7% in 2018 against a 6.5% contraction in 2017, showing a promising recovery, while gas production expanded by 17.9% in 2018, compared to 2.1% in the previous year.
- Hence, Egypt’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Egypt
Camainks uses the Port of Alexandria when exporting printing products to Egypt
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Alexandria when exporting to our clients in Egypt. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Domino BK 0101 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Egypt Import?
Although Egypt does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Egypt still needs to import from countries such as China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Germany, and Russia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Egypt is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Egypt imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Egypt?
- Current importing regulations require that every component of a product be inspected, regardless of the compliance history of the product, country of origin, exporter, shipper or importer. No import can be sold in Egypt without first proving that it conforms to Egyptian standards if it is on the mandatory list of products requiring inspection.
- All certificates issued concerning the shipment of product, and the product description, must be countersigned by the Chamber of Commerce and notarized by the Egyptian Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin.
- When a shipment arrives in Egypt, the Customs and Security Office conducts a security check for illegal products, and the importer presents Customs with the documentation required to clear the shipment.
- After reviewing these documents, Customs either clears the shipments for release to the importer directly or directs the consignment to other government entities for testing and inspection, coordinated by the General Organization for Export and Import Controls (GOEIC).
- The following documents are required for imports and exports:
Bills of lading; invoices; packing lists; certificates of origin; copies of letters of credit, bill of lading, and content analysis of the commodity.
- An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Egypt’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Egypt Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Egypt require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Egypt, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Egypt can have variant product quality.
How to buy Markem Imaje 9175 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Egypt?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Egypt. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Egypt. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.