An Overview of France
- France has a population of 65.38 million.
- Capital: Paris
- Official Language: French
- Total Area: 643,801 km²
- Currency: Euro
Economic Statistics of France
- France has reached a GDP of $3 trillion USD. Its largest industries are
- The breakdown of France’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (78.8%)
- Industry (19.5%)
- Agriculture (1.7%)
- The main importers of France’s goods are
- Germany (14.8%)
- Spain (7.7%)
- Italy (7.5%)
- United States (7.2%)
- Belgium (6.7%)
- While the main exporters to France are
- Germany (18.5%)
- Belgium (10.2%)
- Netherlands (8.3%)
- Italy (7.9%)
- Spain (7.1%)
The Printing Industry in France
- As the economy in France has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Industry revenue is expected to decrease at a compound annual rate of 1% over the five years through 2021 to €6.5 billion. This trend includes an expected revenue decline of 1.4% in the current year due to the effects of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
- The companies holding the largest market share in the Printing in France industry include Imprimerie Nationale SA, CPI SAS, Cewe SAS and SIP SAS.
- With €7.6 billion in revenue and more than 50,000 employees, the graphic arts industry in France is sizeable and the fourth biggest in Europe. But there are additional print segments as well adding to a total print market of close to €16.1 billion.
- As a result, more people in France are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Desktop TIJ Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in France
- The year 2017 confirms the dynamism of the French plastic packaging industry in an optimistic macro-economic context, with sustained global growth (+ 3% forecast for 2017), and a recovery in France (+ 1.5% in anticipation for 2017).
- The France Packaging Market is segmented by Material (Plastic, Glass, Metal, and Other Materials), Packaging Type (Flexible Packaging and Rigid Plastics), and End-user Vertical (Food, Beverages, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, Beauty and Personal Care, and Other End-user Verticals).
- The France packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of 1.76% during the forecast period, 2021 - 2026.
- This boosting economy in France will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: VJ 1510 Printer Original
The Manufacturing Industry in France
- France is the world’s fourth largest industrial producer, after the United States, Japan, and Germany. Manufacturing in France is highly diversified and serves as the nation’s primary source of export income.
- In France, the biggest segments within manufacturing are: Food products and beverages (13% of total production); machinery and equipment goods (13%), of which computer, electronic and optical products (5%); basic metals and fabricated metal products (12%); other manufacturing, repair and installation of machinery and equipment (12%); transport equipment (10%); rubber and plastics products, and other non-metallic mineral products (8%); and chemicals and chemical products (6%).
- What is the current share of manufacturing sector in GDP? The current share of manufacturing sector in GDP is 16% and the govt has come up with a new policy aiming to increase this share to 25% by 2025.
- Hence, France’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of France
- La Havre
- Le Verdon
Camainks uses La Havre port when exporting printing products to France
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of La Havre when exporting to our clients in France. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- Other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do France Import?
Although France does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, France still needs to import from countries such as Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, and Spain. This demand for importing printers and ink in France is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that France imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to France?
- France is party to the European Union's Common Customs Tariff, therefore preferential rates apply to imports from countries which the EU has signed agreements with. Duties range from 0-17%, with the general tariff averaging 4.2%.
- Many EU Member States maintain their own list of goods subject to import licensing. For example, Germany’s “Import List” (Einfuhrliste) includes goods for which licenses are required, their code numbers, any applicable restrictions, and the agency that will issue the relevant license. The Import List also indicates whether the license is required under German or EU law.
- The Tarif Intégré de la Communauté (TARIC) is designed to show various rules applying to specific products being imported into the customs territory of the EU or, in some cases, when exported from it.
- Since July 1, 2009, all companies established outside of the EU are required to have an EORI number if they wish to lodge a customs declaration or an Entry/Exit Summary declaration. All U.S. companies should use this number for their customs clearances.
- The Prior Informed Consent Regulation administers the import and export of certain hazardous chemicals and places obligations on companies who wish to export.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow France’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should France Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in France require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in France, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in France can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 InkSupply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for France?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in France. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in France. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.