An Overview of Ghana
- Ghana has a population of30.42 million
- Official Language: English
- Total Area:238,535 km²
- Currency:Ghanaian cedi
Economic Statistics of Ghana
- Ghana has reached a GDP of66.98 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Aluminum smelting
- Food processing
- The breakdown of Ghana GDP Composition includes
- Services (44.14%)
- Industry (31.99%)
- Agriculture (17.31%)
- The main importers of Ghana’s goods are
- Switzerland (22.6%)
- India (16.6%)
- United Arab Emirates (8.4%)
- South Africa (7.92%)
- While the main exporters to Ghana are
- Nigeria (21.9%)
- United States (5.01%)
- United Kingdom (4.11%)
- India (3.46%)
The Printing Industry in Ghana
- As the economy in Ghana has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Ghana currently has a thriving printing industry with 127 members across the world, with small, medium, and large businesses capable of printing all of the country's textbooks as well as producing for the international market.
- Since financial support for the printing industry in Ghana is insufficient, the study emphasizes the need for government and all stakeholders to provide adequate financial support for the industry's expansion, as well as the purchase of modern and high-quality materials, machinery, and equipment.
- The printing industry is massive, and if given the necessary support, it could become a powerful force in economic development, helping to reduce graduate unemployment. There is therefore a lot of opportunity for growth in the printing industry of Ghana.
- As a result, more people in Ghana are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
CIJ Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Ghana
- To begin with, the industry is extremely competitive. It is a fast-growing, consumer-driven industry. Not only in Ghana, but across West Africa, many food and beverage companies are expanding their potential. Many of the imported goods originate in countries like India and the Middle East. The problem for us is obtaining raw materials.
- When it comes to packaging equipment in Ghana, nothing is manufactured and everything must be imported, which comes at a cost. That is the most significant obstacle to our competitiveness.
- Post-consumer packaging, such as corrugated boxes, bags, glass, and plastic bottles, is re-used by micro and small-scale businesses to package items. Packaging items such as newsprint, stationery, wicker boxes, jute sacks, wooden crates, and leaves are also commonly used.
- There is therefore a gap when it comes to proper packaging solutions. In response to industry demand, packaging, package design, package testing, and package evaluation methods are being developed.
- This boosting economy in Ghana will continue to drive demand forindustrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial Printer: CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot
The Manufacturing Industry in Ghana
- Electronics manufacturing, automobile manufacturing, electric car manufacturing, vehicle manufacturing, light manufacturing, aluminum smelting, food processing, cement, and small commercial shipbuilding are among Ghana's most significant manufacturing industries.
- Ghana's consumer and industrial products and services sector is broad and active, providing goods and services to the Ghanaian economy as well as the West African sub-region. This industry is expected to develop significantly in the coming years, and the government has implemented new policies to create an enabling climate, with a focus on manufacturing and exports.
- Due to the institutionalization of democracy in Ghana and the relatively stable macroeconomic climate, the economy is seeing increased investment. Ghana has become a preferred destination for international investors in the sub-region due to the new business environment and economic stability.
- Hence, Ghana’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand forprinting and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Ghana
Port of Tema
Port of Sekondi
Port of Takoradi
Port of Accra
Port of Elmina
Camainks uses Port of Tema when exporting printing products to Ghana
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Tema when exporting to our clients in Ghana. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
Citronix cij inks
Other printer spare parts
Linx Bottling 1058 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Ghana Import?
Although Ghana does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Ghana still needs to import from countries such as China, Nigeria, Unites States, United Kingdom, and India. This demand for importing printers and ink in Ghana is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Ghana imports from these countries include,
Compatible Squid SI CIJ 9090 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Ghana?
- According to the official country commercial guide, “All imports are subject to customs duties. However, Ghanaian law provides exemptions for government, diplomatic personnel, NGOs and some others. Ghana operates under the Customs Valuation Code (CVC), the value assessment method of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Ghana also has a Destination Inspection Scheme, which means that imports are inspected at the port of clearance in Ghana rather than prior to export.”
- With the exception of a few goods that are excluded from paying customs duty, all imports are subject to import duty plus VAT. VAT is measured using the HS manual's rates on the duty-inclusive value of the products. Sector-specific exemptions and obligations apply to the extractive sectors.
- Narcotics, mercuric medicated soap, hazardous waste, radioactive goods, certain tobacco products, certain agricultural materials, and other goods banned by local law are among the prohibited imports.
- The GSA sets guidelines for all products; the Ghana Food and Drugs Authority is in charge of implementing standards for food, drugs, cosmetics, and other health products. Hazardous goods needs to be properly marked and labelled during importation.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Ghana’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Ghana Import Printers and Ink?
- Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Ghana require printers and ink promptly.
- High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Ghana, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
- Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Ghana can have variant product quality.
Domino BK 0101 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Ghana?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Ghana. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Ghana. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.