An Overview of Honduras
- Honduras has a population of 10.06 million.
- Capital: Tegucigalpa
- Official Language: Spanish
- Total Area: 112,492 km²
- Currency: Honduran lempira
Economic Statistics of Honduras
- Honduras has reached a GDP of 49.19 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- The breakdown of Honduras’ GDP Composition includes
- The main importers of Honduras’s goods are
El Salvador (7.3%)
- While the main exporters to Honduras are
El Salvador (5.7%)
The Printing Industry in Honduras
- As the economy in Honduras has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- In the first three months of 2019, Central American countries imported $86 million in printing machines and devices, and purchases from Chinese companies grew 5% compared to the same period in 2018.
- Labeling and printing solutions, along with Silicones, Phenolic resins, Polyurethanes, Coatings, Petroleum resins and Natural polymers, are the leading subsectors in Honduras’ industry.
- Despite the conservative growth in other industry sectors, Honduras has developed a substantial increase in the packaging manufacturing market with a dynamic mix of local and international companies fabricating their products in different regions of Honduras.
As a result, more people in Honduras are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Industrial Printer: CIJ Printer
The Packaging Industry in Honduras
- The packaging materials and equipment industry in Honduras has presented positive growth over the last decade.
- Despite the conservative growth presented in other local industry sectors, Honduras has developed a substantial increase in the packaging manufacturing market with a dynamic mix of local and international companies fabricating their products in different regions of Honduras.
- Currently 61% of the packaging market is represented by the carton industry in Honduras and its imports represent 51% of the total market. The packaging industry is the fifth largest revenue generator for Honduras after coffee, banana, palm oil and shrimp exports.
- This boosting economy in Honduras will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in Honduras
- Honduras 2020 focuses on six strategic areas of the economy, one of which is textiles and apparel. One of the goals for the textile sector is to increase annual exports to $7.4 billion and add 200,000 jobs to the country’s existing 150,000 jobs by the year 2020.
- Honduran textile companies are ramping up synthetics output in Honduras. One such company is Elcatex, a company dedicated to producing knit fabrics, cut parts and full-package programs.
- The textile and garment industry has consolidated in Honduras thanks to renowned national and multinational companies that have put their trust in the country and have established operations since 1990. They currently represent one of the primary industries employing labor in Honduras, including 146,000 direct and 500,000 indirect jobs.
- Hence, Honduras’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Honduras
- Puerto Cortes
- Puerto Castilla
- La Ceiba
- San Lorenzo
Camainks uses the Port of Puerto Cortes when exporting printing products to Honduras
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Puerto Cortes when exporting to our clients in Honduras. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Linx 1010 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Honduras Import?
Although Honduras does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Honduras still needs to import from countries such as US, Guatemala, China, Mexico, and El Salvador. This demand for importing printers and ink in Honduras is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Honduras imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Honduras?
- The Honduran trade regime is very open. Globally the country’s exports are facing very good access to external markets. In turn the country is open to receiving imports; however, owing to a poor business environment (in particular, cumbersome and time-consuming bureaucratic regulations) and weak performance in key trade enabling infrastructure services, foreign trade activities are significantly hampered.
- The Honduran trade regime is relatively open, with an average tariff rate of around 6 per cent in 2012 (relatively stable at this rate for over 10 years), modest use of non-tariff barriers and no use of contingency measures.
- With regards to sanitary and phytosanitary measures (SPS), the lack of capacity to meet various standards had hindered the development of exports.
- The CAFTA-DR provides that the regulations of trading partners shall be accepted as equivalent. Honduras refers to international standards when preparing or applying its standardization measures, insofar as they effectively or adequately help achieving its legitimate objectives.
- An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Honduras’s import regulations.
How to buy Markem Imaje 9175 Ink supply
Why Should Honduras Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Honduras require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Honduras, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Honduras can have variant product quality.
Desktop TIJ Printer for sale
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Honduras?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Honduras. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Honduras. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.