An Overview of Indonesia
- Indonesia has a population of 270.6 million.
- Capital: Jakarta
- Official Language: Indonesian
- Total Area: 1.905 million km²
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
Economic Statistics of Indonesia
- Indonesia has reached a GDP of 1,167.18 USD. Its largest industries are
- Petroleum and natural gas
- Textiles and apparel
- Rubber and chemical fertilizers.
- The breakdown of Indonesia GDP Composition includes
- Services (43%)
- Industry (43%)
- Agriculture (14%)
- The main importers of Indonesia’s goods are
- Japan (10.8%)
- United States (10.2%)
- India (7.6%)
- Singapore (7.2%)
- While the main exporters to Indonesia are
- Singapore (10%)
- Japan (9.3%)
- Malaysia (4.6%)
- Australia (3.3%)
The Printing Industry in Indonesia
TIJ Printer Double Head EA for sale
- For the last ten years, the Indonesian printing industry has experienced tremendous growth in all industries. Many investors have put money into technology and high-tech printing equipment. Unfortunately, the growth of the technology sector and machinery is not matched by the development of human capital to sustain that growth.
- Today, Indonesia's printing industry, as one of the top ten producers, remains an engaging and profitable company in a variety of sectors, including packaging, newspapers, book publishers, and so on. For growth, the country's printing industry has shifted to the flexo method. In comparison to the previous year, the packaging industry grew by nearly 7%.
- Despite global competition, the country's graphics and printing machinery industry continued to grow, and current developments in information technology also provide an opportunity for the country's printing industry to expand. Although the paper industry is still dominated by China, Indonesia is hopeful that it will be able to develop a basic technology that will allow it to compete in the global market.
- As a result, more people in Indonesia are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
The Packaging Industry in Indonesia
Industrial Printer: UV Inkjet Printer
- According to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics firm, Indonesia's packaging market is projected to hit 159.2 billion units by 2024, with a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4 percent for the forecast period of 2019-2024.
- As per GlobalData, the sector is primarily driven by growth in flexible packaging, which is expected to rise at the fastest volume CAGR of 4.2 percent from 2019 to 2024. Rigid plastics, which is expected to develop at a CAGR of 1.9 percent over the next five years, is a near second.
- Flexible packaging was the most common pack material in the Indonesian packaging industry in 2019, accounting for 40.2 percent of the market. By 2024, it is projected to hit 43.8 percent. Other common pack materials included rigid plastics and paper and board.
- In Indonesia, the food industry made the most use of packaging, accounting for 44.2 percent of the market. Non-alcoholic drinks and other sectors came in second and third, with 38.3 percent and 15.3 percent of the market share, respectively.
- This boosting economy in Indonesia will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
The Manufacturing Industry in Indonesia
- Indonesia recently became the world's tenth-largest manufacturer. Its strong manufacturing sector employs nearly a fifth of Indonesia's working-age population and accounts for nearly a quarter of the country's total GDP
- Indonesia's manufacturing sector has long been a vital part of the country's economic growth, now accounting for 20% of GDP. Manufacturing is at the core of the government's big goals to catapult the nation into the top ten largest economies in the world by 2030.
- Textiles and apparel, food and beverages (F&B), electronics, automotive, and chemicals are the main areas of manufacturing, with the majority of manufacturers in this field being micro, nano, or medium-sized businesses.
- Since 2016, the sector has experienced steady year-on-year growth of 4%, with investments totaling 147 trillion rupiah (US$8.9 billion) from January to September 2019. However, in comparison to other ASEAN peers, labor productivity in this sector remains poor, as evidenced by the low-tech contribution of manufacturing to exports.
- Hence, Indonesia’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Indonesia
Camainks uses Port Tanjung Priok when exporting printing products to Indonesia.
- Port of Tanjung Priok, Jakarta
- Port of Cirebon, Cirebon, West Java
- Port of Merak, Banten
- Ciwandan, Banten
- Sunda Kelapa, Jakarta
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Port Tanjung Priok when exporting to our clients in Indonesia. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
Squid SI 425 Ink for bulk purchases
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix cij inks
- Other printer spare parts
What Printers and Ink Do Indonesia Import?
Although Indonesia does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Indonesia still needs to import from countries such as China, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, and Australia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Indonesia is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Indonesia imports from these countries include,
Compatible Citronix cij 300 1004 001 Make Upfor industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Indonesia?
How to buy 30W Static CO2 Laser Marking Machine
- Importers must register with Indonesia's trade department and obtain a customs identification number, a personal identification number issued by the Directorate General of Customs and Excise, in order to import legally in Indonesia.
- Importers must also obtain an Importer Identification Number, which acts as a record in the database of importers and their import activities, in addition to NIK. Without the API, all import activities are prohibited.
- In Indonesia, there are three types of import licenses available: API-U (General Import License), API-P (Producer Import License), and API Terbatas (Limited Import License) (API-T). These licenses are industry-specific and do not allow the importation of products that are not relevant to that industry.
- Businesses importing into Indonesia must provide the following documents: a commercial invoice, signed by the manufacturer or supplier as true and correct, a bill of lading, in three endorsed originals and four non-negotiable copies, certificate of insurance, packing list, import permit, and customs import declaration.
- Indonesia has a variety of chemical regulations that regulate industrial chemicals. The most important regulation is Government Regulation Number 74 year 2001 regarding Hazardous and Toxic Material Management. An electronic registration system will be used to apply registrations to the Ministry of Environment and Forestry. So far, only limited information has been required, such as material identity, business license, tax identification information, MSDSs, certificate of analysis, and warehouse photo.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Indonesia’s import regulations.
Why Should Indonesia Import Printers and Ink?
Hitachi JP W 73 Ink supply
- Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Indonesia require printers and ink promptly.
- High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Indonesia, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
- Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Indonesia can have variant product quality.
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Indonesia?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Indonesia. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Indonesia. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.