An Overview of Japan
- Japan had a population of 126.48 million people in 2020.
- Capital: Tokyo
- Official Language: Japanese
- Total Area: 377,975 Km2
- Currency: Japanese Yen
Economic Statistics of Japan
- Japan has reached a nominal GDP of 4.9 trillion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Motor vehicle
- Electronic equipment
- Machine tools
- Non-ferrous metal
- The breakdown of Japan's GDP Composition in 2018 included;
- Agriculture 1.24%
- Industry 29.07%
- Services 69.31%
- The leading importers of Japan's goods in 2019 are;
- The United States 19.3%
- China 18.4%
- South Korea 6.5%
- Chinese Taipei 6.0%
- Thailand 4.2%
- While the top exporters to Japan in 2019 are;
- China 23.2%
- The United States 10.7%
- Australia 6.3%
- South Korea 4.3%
- Saudi Arabia 3.8%
The Printing Industry of Japan
- As Japan's economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
- The printing industry in Japan is worth 50 billion USD, according to Raksul CEO and founder Yasukane Matsumoto. The industry expects to grow as more people need printing services in Japan.
- In 2019, the commercial printing sector had the largest share of printing products' production value amounting to 135.32 billion JPY. The packaging printing sector followed with a production value of 82.56 billion JPY.
- Other segments with a significant share of production value in the Japanese printing industry include publishing, printing for office work, decorative materials printing, and security printing.
- As a result, more people in Japan are looking for printers for sale from local manufacturers or importers.
Videojet V 911 Q Cleaning Solution for sale
The Packaging Industry in Japan
- According to GlobalData, Japan's packaging industry will reach 164.7 billion units in 2024, a CAGR of 0.5% from 2019-2024.
- Increased use of rigid plastic packaging majorly influences the packaging industry's growth and expects to register a CAGR of 2.2% during 2019-2024. The flexible packaging sector also expects to record a CAGR of 0.6% during the same period.
- Also, the food industry had the largest market share of 44.0% in the use of packaging materials, followed by non-alcoholic beverages with 32.8% and alcoholic beverages with 12.0%.
- This booming industry in Japan will drive industrial Inkjet printers, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as make-ups and cleaning solutions demand higher.
Industrial Printer: TIJ Printer Double Head EA
The Manufacturing Industry in Japan
- Japan is one of the leaders in the manufacturing machinery and automobile industries in the world. Its main segments in this industry are machinery, oil and gas, metals & mining, and forest products.
- Japan's Ministry of Economics has put focus on high-end products and high-level components in the manufacturing sector. In the high-end products, the country focuses on manufacturing aircraft, robots, and vehicles, while for high-level components, it focuses on fine chemicals and carbon fiber.
- The country has also developed an Industrial Value Chain Initiative (IVI) program that connects factories in the manufacturing sector. It aims to help Japan maintain and grow its competitive edge in the manufacturing industry globally.
- Hence, Japan's expanding manufacturing sector has increased the demand for printing and industrial inksuch as Inkjet refills, Videojet ink, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Japan
- Port of Nagoya
- Port of Kobe
- Port of Tokyo
- Port of Osanbash Pier
- Port of Dejima
Camainks uses Nagoya port when exporting printing products to Japan
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest Nagoya port when exporting to our clients in Japan. We have shipped items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Markem-Imaje inks,
- and other printer spare parts.
Markem Imaje MB 175 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Japan Import?
Although Japan does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Japan still needs to import from countries such as China, the USA, and Australia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Japan is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Japan imports from these countries include,
Compatible Willett 201 0001 701 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Japan?
- To import goods to Japan, you must declare them to the Director-General of Customs to obtain an import permit. Also, there is a checking of goods before you acquire the permit.
- The declaration form has details such as the value and quantity of the goods, certificate of origin, invoice, freight account, insurance certificate, and a packing list.
- Besides, you should comply with the Japanese duties and VAT requirements.
- To import chemical substances in Japan, you require a permit and approval under law and regulation other than customs regulations. To acquire this permit, you should submit a certificate of application for a permit and license under other laws and regulations.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is crucial to comply with Japan's import regulations.
How to buy 20W Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Japan Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Japan require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Japan, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Japan can have variant product quality.
Domino IR 236 BK Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Japan?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, many domestic manufacturers and distributors are available in Japan. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Japan. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.