An Overview of Kenya
- Kenya has a population of 54.98 million.
- Capital: Nairobi
- Official Language: Swahili
- Total Area: 580,367 km²
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling
Economic Statistics of Kenya
- Kenya has reached a GDP of 101 billion USD. Its largest industries are
Aluminum and Steel
- The breakdown of Kenya’ GDP Composition includes
- The main importers of Kenya’s goods are
- While the main exporters to Kenya are
Saudi Arabia (5.1%)
The Printing Industry in Kenya
- As the economy in Kenya has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- The printing industry in East Africa is generally underdeveloped and, in some countries,, barely functional.
Increased demand for packaged consumer goods presents opportunities for industry players.
Factors such as poor quality, high pricing structures and delivery delays have compelled many publishers to engage the services of printers from countries where services are generally of a significantly higher standard.
As a result, more people in Kenya are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Desktop LH TTO Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Kenya
- Development of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises has been at the core of major development initiatives in Kenya over the last couple of years and packaging has been one of the areas of interest.
- As packaging impacts on a diverse range of services and industries, industrial visits focused on covering the spectrum of “packaging” producers and some users in the private sector.
- Kenya's annual demand for steel is estimated at about 480,000 tonnes to 600,000 tonnes, about a tenth of which is imported mainly from South Africa. Other big names in the steel industry include Mabati Rolling Mills, Devki Group, Insteel, Kikuyu Rolling Mills and Morris and Company.
- This boosting economy in Kenya will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in Kenya
- Manufacturing is key sector in Kenya's economic development, in both its contribution to national output and exports, and for job creation.
- Key targets and specific goals have been set to steer industrial growth. These include the development of Special Economic Zones, industrial parks and clusters, and niche products.
- Manufacturing output grew faster than not only the rest of the Kenyan economy but also other industrial sectors in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Hence, Kenya’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Kenya
Camainks uses the Port of Mombasa when exporting printing products to Kenya
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Mombasa when exporting to our clients in Kenya. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Kenya Import?
Although Kenya does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Kenya still needs to import from countries such as China, India, UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Japan. This demand for importing printers and ink in Kenya is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Kenya imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Kenya?
- Customs declarations must be made in writing and signed by the declarant, who may be the owner, the customs agent, or the carrier. The declaration must be submitted to the customs office having jurisdiction over the port of entry.
- All Kenyan imports are required to have the following documents: Import Declaration Forms (IDF); a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) from the PVoC agent for regulated products; an import standards mark (ISM) when applicable; and valid pro forma invoices from the exporting firm.
- Phyto-sanitary and sanitary control regulations are in place. As a rule, animal and plant products that risk propagating diseases cannot be imported. In these matters, Kenya adheres to the principle of precaution.
- Kenya applies tariffs based on the international harmonized system (HS) of product classification and applies duties and tariffs of the East African Community (EAC) Common External Tariff. In general, Customs duty is levied at rates between 0% and 100%, with an average rate of 25%.
- Importers of dangerous chemicals must identify the hazards, provide information about them under the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of chemical substances and mixtures (CLP) regulations and ensure they package the product safely before importing them into Kenya.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Kenya’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Kenya Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Kenya require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Kenya, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Kenya can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 Ink Supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Kenya?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Kenya. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Kenya. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.