An Overview of Latvia
- Latvia has a population of 1.87 million.
- Capital: Riga
- Official Language: Latvian
- Total Area: 64,589 km²
- Currency: Euro
Economic Statistics of Latvia
- Latvia has reached a GDP of 59 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- The breakdown of Latvia’ GDP Composition includes
- The main importers of Latvia’s goods are
- While the main exporters to Latvia are
The Printing Industry in Latvia
- As the economy in Latvia has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Today, there are approx. 380 printing companies in Latvia, however only TOP 10 of them contribute approximately 64 % of the industry's turnover.
- The total output of the sector reached EUR 420 million in 2019, which is 5 % of the total output of Latvia's manufacturing industry. 30.12.
- The long-term increase in printing production volumes has provided export potential for the sector, which is what the sector’s further development depends on. That development is strongly dependent on the economic situation in global export markets, as the domestic market is developing relatively slowly.
- As a result, more people in Latvia are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Character Handheld Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Latvia
- The packaging industry in Latvia has witnessed rapid development over the last 20 years.
- Latvian companies manufacture various types of packaging – plastic jars and containers, blister packs, labels, cardboard boxes, laminated bags and sacks, egg cartons, paper bags, PET bottles, polymer boxes, and tubes.
- The principal packaging materials exported are products from wood, with manufacturing volumes of EUR 97.3 million or 47 % of total packaging exports. More than 170 companies manufacture wood packaging.
- This boosting economy in Latvia will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: VJ 1510 Printer Original
The Manufacturing Industry in Latvia
- Latvia has historically had a strong research, development, and manufacturing base in sophisticated chemical and pharmaceutical products.
- The industry, comprising of companies that produce industrial chemicals as well as pharmaceuticals, is central to the Latvian economy.
- Today, the Latvian E&E industry is set to become one of the key high-value-added industries in Latvia thanks to the determined work of the government and industry professionals.
- Hence, Latvia’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Latvia
Camainks uses Riga port when exporting printing products to Latvia
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Riga when exporting to our clients in Latvia. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- Other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Latvia Import?
Although Latvia does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Latvia still needs to import from countries such as Lithuania, Germany, Poland, Estonia, and Russia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Latvia is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Latvia imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Latvia?
- U.S. companies exporting to the Latvia from outside the European Union are required to present the following items: Commercial invoice; Bill of lading; Shipper’s export declaration (SED) for items requiring an export license or valued above $2,500 (submitted only to U.S. Customs); and Declaration of conformity (issued by importer).
- Goods brought into the EU customs territory are, from the time of their entry, subject to customs supervision until customs formalities are completed. Goods are covered by a Summary Declaration, which is filed once the items have been presented to customs officials.
- Latvia applies the EU customs laws and coherent regulations, as well as common customs tariffs from the United States and other non-EU countries. When products enter the EU, they need to be declared to customs according to their classification in the Combined Nomenclature (CN).
- Most industrial products imported to Latvia are subject to customs duty varying from zero percent to 15 percent. Duty rates for foodstuffs can be higher, as they are based on the weight of the commodity. The value for customs purposes is directly based on the value of transaction: product price, transportation, and insurance.
- The Prior Informed Consent Regulation administers the import and export of certain hazardous chemicals and places obligations on companies who wish to export.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Latvia’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Latvia Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Latvia require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Latvia, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Latvia can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 Ink Supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Latvia?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Latvia. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Latvia. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.