An Overview of Lebanon
- Lebanon has a population of 6.77 million.
- Capital: Beirut
- Official Language: Arabic
- Total Area: 10,452 km²
- Currency: Lebanese Pound
Economic Statistics of Lebanon
- Lebanon has reached a GDP of 84.288 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- The breakdown of Lebanon’ GDP Composition includes
- The main importers of Lebanon’s goods are
South Africa (7.5%)
Saudi Arabia (6.5%)
- While the main exporters to Lebanon are
United States (6.3%)
The Printing Industry in Lebanon
- As the economy in Lebanon has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- The Lebanese printing industry is a competitive industry, valued at an estimated $250M, with around 1,000 companies, of which 4% are big printing companies, 10% are medium, while the rest are small.
- Since its start, the Lebanese printing industry was a flourishing industry serving the international market. Raphael stated that the printing industry ranks the 5th Lebanese exporting industry.
Besides being the oldest country in the Middle East having a printing press, high exports in this sector were powered by Lebanon’s geographical location that eased international trade. Moreover, the freedom of speech that characterizes Lebanon makes the country a perfect home for press. Hence, Lebanon was renowned as the “Printing Press of the Middle East”.
As a result, more people in Lebanon are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Desktop LH TTO Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Lebanon
- The Lebanese plastic industry is one of the few industries that have been shielded from the morose economic environment.
- The Lebanese plastic industry holds much strength that certainly outweighs its weaknesses. First and foremost, there is no expiry date on the plastic products. Therefore companies feel no pressure when and if their inventory builds up as they can liquidate their stock at a higher price in the future.
- The biggest number of companies are specialized in food packaging (plastic cups, salad boxes, plastic, and cutlery) followed by containers and bottles (water bottles, detergent bottles, water container), next in line are pipes, home furniture, raw materials, agricultural materials, bags, hospital materials and industrial materials.
- This boosting economy in Lebanon will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in Lebanon
- Leading industries in Lebanon include the manufacture of food products; cement, bricks, and ceramics; wood and wood products; and textiles.
- There are over 4,700 industrial firms in Lebanon with 26% or 1,245 industries manufacturing agri-food products, followed by construction materials (12%) and chemical products (8%).
- Industrial exports stood at USD 3.5 billion in 2019, accounting for 95% of total Lebanese exports.
- Hence, Lebanon’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Lebanon
Camainks uses the Port of Beirut when exporting printing products to Lebanon
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Beirut when exporting to our clients in Lebanon. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Lebanon Import?
Although Lebanon does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Lebanon still needs to import from countries such as China, Italy, Greece, Germany, and United States. This demand for importing printers and ink in Lebanon is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Lebanon imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Lebanon?
- Barriers to trade affect less than one percent of Lebanon's import/export goods. However, numerous Lebanese government agencies may impose licensing requirements such as technical, veterinary, or phyto-sanitary (plant health) certificates.
- More than 83 percent of imported goods are subject to duties equal to or below five percent. The Lebanese Customs Administration’s website provides a searchable database that displays import duties by tariff number.
- Depending on the type of exported good, a number of other documents may also be required including export licenses, certificates of conformity, and export certificates for quality verification for all food products of plant origin, and agricultural health certificates.
- Lebanon employs a harmonized tariff schedule for the valuation of goods and the levying of customs duties. In 2018, the High Customs Council proposed a reform strategy to improve operations, although this has not been implemented.
- An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Lebanon’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Lebanon Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Lebanon require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Lebanon, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Lebanon can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 Ink Supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Lebanon?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Lebanon. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Lebanon. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.