An Overview of Malaysia
- Malaysia has a population of 32.7 million.
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- Official Language: Malay
- Total Area: 329,847 km²
- Currency: Malaysian ringgit
Economic Statistics of Malaysia
- Malaysia has reached a GDP of 380.261 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Rubber and Oil Palm Processing and Manufacturing
- Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Light Manufacturing
- The breakdown of Malaysia GDP Composition includes
- Agriculture (7.1%)
- Services (36.8%)
- Manufacturing (18.28%)
- The main importers of Malaysia’s goods are
- Singapore (14.5%)
- Hong Kong (6.9%)
- United States (11.1%)
- Japan (6.3%)
- While the main exporters to Malaysia are
- Singapore (13.9%)
- China (14.2%)
- Hong Kong (6.7%)
- United States (9.7%)
- Japan (6.6%)
The Printing Industry in Malaysia
VJ6230 LH TTO Printer Original for sale
- As the economy in Malaysia has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- The printing industry in Malaysia is large and fragmented. It can be divided into three main printing segments including publication printing, commercial printing and packaging printing.
- As of 2020, the sales value of manufactured printing ink in Malaysia was about 998 million Malaysian ringgits.
- The printing industry in Malaysia is dominated by the publishing and commercial sector where demand is rising as emerging markets grow.
- As a result, more people in Malaysia are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
The Packaging Industry in Malaysia
Industrial printer: CIJ printer (high speed)
- Paper packaging printing in Malaysia accounts for the largest part of packaging printing.
- In 2016, it accounted for 59.0% of the paper packaging segment with estimated market size of RM 1.0 billion. It is expected to reach RM 1.7 billion in 2021.
- This will be a growth of 9.6% from 2017 to 2021 and it is due to the increasing demand for paper and corrugated packaging products.
- This boosting economy in Malaysia will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printers, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups, and cleaning solutions.
The Manufacturing Industry in Malaysia
- The Malaysian manufacturing industry is quite diverse with dominance in rubber and palm oil processing.
- Pharmaceuticals, electronics, and medical technology are also some of the manufacturing areas that continue to grow in Malaysia.
- These manufacturing industries have given a strong boost to the performance of the Malaysian economy, enabling it to achieve a strong industrial base.
- Hence, Malaysia’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Malaysia
Camainks uses Port Klang when exporting printing products to Malaysia.
- Port Klang
- Penang Port
- Johor Port
- Kuantan Port
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Port Klang when exporting to our clients in Malaysia. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
Citronix cij 300 4005 001 Ink for bulk purchases
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- Other printer spare parts
What Printers and Ink Do Malaysia Import?
Although Malaysia does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Malaysia still needs to import from countries such as China, Singapore, United States, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, India, Vietnam, South Korea and Indonesia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Malaysia is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Malaysia imports from these countries include,
- Inkjet Printer
- Continuous Inkjet Printer
- Citronix Printers
- Domino Printer
- Videojet Printer
Compatible Videojet V 719 Make Up for industrial printers
- Hitachi Parts
- Linx 1512 Solvent
- Risograph Ink
- Laser Marking Machine
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Malaysia?
How to buy 30W Fly CO2 Laser Marking Machine
- According to the Malaysian country commercial guide, requirements to import to Malaysia include an invoice, packing list, delivery letter, leaflet, catalog or other related document, Insurance certificate (if insured), bill of lading/airway bill, letter of credit (if used), permit, licenses/ certificates, proof of fare payment and a declaration form (Customs Form No. 1) that indicates the number, description of packages/ crates, value, weight, quantity and type of goods and country of origin.
- For hazardous chemicals or materials, “A manufacturer or importer is required to prepare an inventory of hazardous chemicals, imported or supplied in a quantity of 1 ton per year or above for each calendar year. Such an inventory shall be submitted to the Department of Occupational Safety and Health no later than 31 March in the following year.”
- In addition to that, “CLASS regulations also require chemical manufacturers, importers, formulators, and distributors to classify, label and package chemicals, and compile safety data sheets according to the Industry Code of Practice(ICOP) which is aligned with UN GHS Rev. 3.”
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Malaysia’s import regulations
Why Should Malaysia Import Printers and Ink?
How to buy 30W Fly CO2 Laser Marking Machine
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Malaysia require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Malaysia, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Malaysia can have variant product quality.
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Malaysia?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Malaysia. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Malaysia. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.