An Overview of Morocco
- Morocco has a population of 36,910,560 people.
- Capital: Rabat
- Official Language: Arabic and Berber
- Total Area: 710,850 km2
- Currency: Moroccan dirham (MAD)
Economic Statistics of Morocco
- Morocco has reached a GDP (PPP) of 327.3 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Rock mining and processing
- High technology
- Food processing
- Leather goods
- The breakdown of Morocco GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 11.38%
- Industry 26.03%
- Services 50.03%
- The main importers of Morocco’s goods are;
- Spain 22.6%
- France 19.4%
- Italy 4.3%
- The Us 4.2%
- Germany 3.6%
- While the leading exporters to Morocco are:
- Spain 18.9%
- France 11%
- China 9.1%
- The US 7.1%
- Germany 5.2%
The Printing Industry in Morocco
- As Morocco’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, cleaning solutions and make-ups.
- At this current times, when the Covid-19 pandemic has hit every sector, the government of Morocco is planning to offer financial support to its print and electronic media to boost its performance with a budget of 21.22million USD.
- From this emergency plan to revive the printing industry, $7.77 million will cover the salary payments. Each printing house that prints more than 500,000 newspaper copies will get $ 1.55, and the national press distributor, Sapress, will receive $1.55 million.
- As a result, more people in Morocco are looking for printers for sale from local and international sources.
UV Inkjet Printer (71.8mm) 1-4 Heads for sale
The Packaging Industry in Morocco
- According to Moroccan Export Promotion Agency Maroc Export, the plastics and packaging industry is the second largest sector of the chemical processing industry in the country. The plastic industry has about 650 companies and provides 45,000 direct and 300,000 indirect jobs.
- In 2015, the Moroccan Plastics Federation FMP, Forum 7 and some German partners hosted the Plast expo and Plast pack 2015 exhibition in Morocco. The exhibition was expected to host 180 exhibitions and 3,000 visitors.
- Also, in 2016, Moroccan companies specializing in the plastic industry went to Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, to explore investment and partnership opportunities in that country. This visit aimed to strengthen the plastic industry in both countries and boost the trade between the two.
- This boosting economy in Morocco will continue to push higher the demand for industrial printers, printing parts, printing equipment and printing consumables such as inks and cleaning solutions.
industrial printer: VJ6330 RH TTO Printer original
The Manufacturing Industry in Morocco
- Morocco’s manufacturing industry is growing, and in 2017, the industrial manufacturing production increased by 2.6% within the fourth quarter of the year. Chemical production increased by 5.2%, textile manufacturing by 2.8%, print and reproduction by 2.6%, clothes and fur manufacturing by 8.7% and machinery & equipment by 3.5%.
- Also, in 2019, Morocco was identified as a bright spot in the MENA region because of its promising export-oriented manufacturing sector. The country is a good investment hub because of its business environment, infrastructure investment and legal reforms.
- Also, Morocco has moved its value chain from a traditional focus on low-skilled textile exports to highly mechanized industries. The autos, aerospace parts and electronic manufacturing sectors have also seen significant growth in the country.
Hence, Morocco’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Morocco
- Port of Casablanca
- Port of Al Hoceima
- Port of Tangier
- Port of Essaouria
- Port of Safi
Camainks uses the port of Casablanca when exporting printing products to Morocco
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Casablanca when exporting to our clients in Morocco. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Risograph inks
- and other printer spare parts
Videojet Ink V 20943 for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Morocco Import?
Although Morocco does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Morocco still needs to import from countries such as Spain, France and China. This demand for importing printers and ink in Morocco is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Morocco imports from these countries include,
Compatible Domino MC 270 BK Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Morocco?
- When importing printers and ink to Morocco, you require documents such as a license representing the physical import, a commercial invoice, an import commitment, and a customs declaration.
- Morocco does not impose special regulations that apply to the exterior marking of the containers you use to ship your printers and ink. However, it is crucial to indicate the net weight in kilograms and other markings for your good’s identification.
- The Customs and Excise Administration, a segment under the Ministry of Economic and Finance of the Kingdom of Morocco, is in charge of the customs and duties taxes you will incur when importing printers and ink to Morocco.
- Morocco has a limited number of imports that are restricted into the country. Hence, you can import chemicals into the country without much barrier, and it would be wise to consult the import regulation body in the country.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Morocco’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Morocco Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Morocco require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Morocco, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Morocco can have variant product quality.
Videojet V 411 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Morocco?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Morocco. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 clients in Morocco. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.