An Overview of Oman
- Oman has a population of 5,217,053 people.
- Capital: Muscat
- Official Language: Arabic
- Total Area: 309,500 km2
- Currency: Omani rial (OMR)
The Economic Statistics of Oman
- Oman has reached a GDP (PPP) of 204.8 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Crude oil production and refining
- Natural and liquefied natural gas production
- Copper and steel
- The breakdown of Oman GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 2.51%
- Industry 46.73%
- Services 52.64%
- The main importers of Oman’s goods are;
- China 46.2%
- India 8.0%
- Japan 6.5%
- South Korea 6.4%
- The United Arab Emirates 5.6%
- While the leading exporters to Oman are;
- The United Arab Emirates 36.3%
- China 10.1%
- Japan 7.0%
- India 6.9%
- The US 5.0%
The Printing Industry in Oman
- As Oman’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
- Oman is one of the countries in the Middle East and a member state of MENA- Middle East and North Africa. According to exclusive research from Smithers Pira, the MENA’s print business was forecasted to be worth 32.0 billion USD in 2019.
- When Covid-19 hit every nation globally, an Omani entrepreneur, Othman Al Mandhari, proposed the best solution to the health industry is to go local. Othman is an engineer at Innotech, a 3D printing company that manufactures parts for oil and gas companies.
- The Innotech Company CEO said that the best solution to Oman’s printing industry is to embrace 3D printing, which will help local manufacturing. As a result, Oman will stop reliance on imported goods.
- As a result, more people in Oman are looking for printers for sale from local sources and importers.
VJ 1610 DH Double Head Printer original for sale
The Packaging Industry in Oman
- OCTAL, one of the plastic packaging manufacturers in Oman, secured 625 million USD from a bank in 2019. The company planned to settle some of its debts and also expand plastic packaging production.
This Omani company makes thermoplastic sheets and resin for packaged goods. According to the chief financial officer of OCTAL, the company’s packaging production would increase by 100,000 tonnes of the sheet after they receive the funding and expand the company.
- Also, in 2016, after the Oman Plast, the third international plastics, rubber, chemicals, printing, and packaging industry in Oman, the chief executive officer of PEIE said that Oman’s downstream plastic industry is expected to grow in the coming years. The exhibition was to showcase the current technologies and machinery used to produce rubber, plastics, packaging, and petrochemicals in Oman.
- This boosting economy in Oman will continue to push higher the demand for industrial printers, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as inks and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: CIJ Printer
The Manufacturing Industry in Oman
- Oman’s manufacturing sector increased its GDP contribution from RO2, 778.70 million in 2017, to RO3, 011 million in 2018. The government of Oman has identified this sector as part of its economic diversification strategy 2040.
- The growth in Oman’s manufacturing industry came when there was an effort to broaden its base and increase its GDP contribution to 15% within ten years. This was part of Oman Vision 2020, the Sultanate’s economic development strategy.
- The significant economic zones in Oman are the Duqm Special Economic Zone Authority, Salalah Free Zone, and Sohar Port and Freezone.
Hence, Oman’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Oman
- Port of Salalah
- Port of Sohar
- Port of Shinas
- Port of Duqm
- Port Sultan Qaboos
Camainks uses the port of Salalah when exporting printing products to Oman
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Salalah when exporting to our clients in Oman. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Hitachi inks
- and other printer spare parts
Domino YL 6105 C Ink for bulk purpose
What Printers and Ink Do Oman Import?
Although Oman has some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Oman still needs to import from countries like the United Arab Emirates, China, and Japan. This demand for importing printers and ink in Oman is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Oman imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH TYPE A Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Oman?
- When importing printers and ink to Oman, the government requires several documents for imports above OMR 1,000. These documents include an accredited copy of commercial registration, a bill of lading, a copy of the affiliation certificate to OCCI, and a certificate of origin.
- Also, some duties come with importing printers and ink to Oman. The Oman tariff schedule handles the duties and taxes imposed on imported goods.
- Oman has a digital system, the Bayan system, which helps to clear goods faster as they enter the country. The system helps coordinate the clearance of imports from the Royal Oman Police (ROP) to the Directorate General of Customs.
- When importing chemicals or hazardous materials to Oman, you require a special license from the Oman authorities.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is essential to follow Oman’s import regulations.
How to buy 20W Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Oman Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Oman require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Oman, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Oman can have variant product quality.
Markem Imaje MB 175 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Oman?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, many domestic manufacturers and distributors are available in Oman. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Oman. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.