An Overview of Pakistan
- Pakistan has a population of 224 million.
- Capital: Islamabad
- Official Language: Urdu
- Total Area: 881,913 km²
- Currency: Pakistani Rupee
Economic Statistics of Pakistan
- Pakistan has reached a GDP of 284 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Cotton textile production
- Apparel manufacturing
- Food Processing
- The breakdown of Pakistan’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (56.5%)
- Agriculture (24.4%)
- Industry (19.1%)
- The main importers of Pakistan’s goods are
- United States (16.09%)
- United Kingdom (7.32%)
- Afghanistan (5.70%)
- Germany (5.55%)
- While the main exporters to Pakistan are
- UAE (14.81%)
- Saudi Arabia (5.39%)
- United States (4.9%)
- Indonesia (4.16%)
The Printing Industry in Pakistan
- As the economy in Pakistan has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- The printing and publishing industry in Pakistan is largely based around the cities of Karachi and Lahore, producing books, magazines, newspapers and stationery.
- The World Economic Forum’s Global Competiveness Report 2012–13 places Pakistan at 106 out of 144 countries with a score of 3.0 out of 7.0 for intellectual property protection.
- There are around 2,000 publishers in the country with companies publishing in English and Urdu, Pakistan’s main languages.
- As a result, more people in Pakistan are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Packaging Industry in Pakistan
- Pakistan's packaging industry has an approximate size of USD~5.53bln (PKR~897bln) in FY20 as compared to USD~5bln (PKR~750bln) in FY19. The local packaging industry consists of four major segments, paper, plastic, tinplate and glass.
- The packaging industry derives its demand from various industries. One of the major sources of demand for plastic packaging is the food and beverage industries.
- • Despite the existence of a large number of players, the packaging industry does not have an industry association to represent and lobby in favor of its interests. However, some segments have their own associations such as the Flexible Packaging Association of Converters of Pakistan and Pakistan Plastic Manufacturers Association.
- This boosting economy in Pakistan will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer:Handheld TIJ Printer Standard
The Manufacturing Industry in Pakistan
- Manufacturing is the third largest sector of the economy, accounting for 18.5 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), and 13 percent of total employment.
- Because of a global shortage in availability of cotton, largely due to a shortfall in Chinese crop, which is the biggest producer and consumer of cotton in the world, the foreign demand for Pakistan’s cotton yarn has risen exceptionally.
- Set in this difficult medium term context, the Manufacturing sector has performed well in the outgoing year, with overall value addition rising 5.2% in the first nine months of the fiscal year. Production in Large Scale Manufacturing (LSM) rose by 4.4 percent during July to March, against the full year target of 1.8%, and compared to a contraction of 7.7 percent in the same period of last year.
- Hence, Pakistan’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Pakistan
- Muhammad Bin Qasim
Camainks uses the Port of Karachi when exporting printing products to Pakistan
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Karachi when exporting to our clients in Pakistan. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
Domino BK 0101 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Pakistan Import?
Although Pakistan does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Pakistan still needs to import from countries such as China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, United States, and Indonesia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Pakistan is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Pakistan imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Pakistan?
- National Tax Number Certificate, which is issued by the Income Tax Department on filing of application form accompanied with one attested copy of NIC. Current Bank Account is required for import proceedings and documents. Sales Tax Registration is required to import into Pakistan.
Pakistan uses the Harmonized System to classify goods. Customs duties are levied on ad-valorem basis.
- The following documents are required for imports and exports:
Bills of lading; invoices; packing lists; certificates of origin; copies of letters of credit; and insurance certificates.
- An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Pakistan’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Pakistan Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Pakistan require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Pakistan, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Pakistan can have variant product quality.
How to buy Markem Imaje 9175 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Pakistan?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Pakistan. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Pakistan. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.