An Overview of Panama
- Panama has a population of 4.38 million.
- Capital: Panama City
- Official Language: Spanish
- Total Area: 75,517 km²
- Currency: US Dollar
Economic Statistics of Panama
- Panama has reached a GDP of 113 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- The breakdown of Panama’ GDP Composition includes
- The main importers of Panama’s goods are
Costa Rica (5.4%)
- While the main exporters to Panama are
The Printing Industry in Panama
- As the economy in Panama has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Increased demand for packaged consumer goods presents opportunities for industry players.
- The industry gives opportunity to stay up to date with the latest developments across key sectors to continue expansion, to build connections with local companies to establish a cross-industry base in Syria and to enhance your brand’s exposure among the sector’s experts and consumers.
- With inexpensive raw materials and wages, as well as the assurance of energy, this the industry could achieve stability in its operations, even without any new investment, by servicing its machines to increase productivity and improve quality.
- As a result, more people in Panama are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Packaging Industry in Panama
- Recyclable and biodegradable bottles and packaging with a "second life" are some of the packaging trends arising in the food industry.
- The increase in the diffusion of ideas proposing sustainability in the production and commercialization of goods opens a space for companies to implement strategies based on the preference for the consumption of "eco-friendly" products.
- Since consumers are less willing to buy products whose packaging is harmful to the environment, the packaging industry must begin to incorporate these trend changes in the development of its packaging design.
- This boosting economy in Panama will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: Handheld TIJ Printer Standard
The Manufacturing Industry in Panama
- In 2018, around 5.8 percent of the total value added to Panama's gross domestic product (GDP) was generated by the manufacturing sector.
- Production was concentrated in Panama City (over 60 percent of establishments), with smaller industrial centers at David (10 percent) and Col n (5 percent).
- Despite government measures to stimulate manufacturing, Panama's becoming a major industrial center seemed unlikely.
- Hence, Panama’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Panama
- Bocas Del Toro
Camainks uses the Port of Balboa when exporting printing products to Panama
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Balboa when exporting to our clients in Panama. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Domino BK 0101 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Panama Import?
Although Panama does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Panama still needs to import from countries such as China, Singapore, US, Mexico, and Vietnam. This demand for importing printers and ink in Panama is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Panama imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Panama?
- No import licenses are required in Panama. Any company holding a commercial license can freely import goods into Panama. A commercial or industrial license is required by individuals or companies wishing to engage in commercial or industrial activities.
- When Panama joined the WTO in 1997, the government lowered tariffs to a maximum of 15%, except for a few agricultural products, and to an overall average of 12%, the lowest in the region.
- The essential import documents are: Commercial Invoice (in original), and Bill of Lading (for sea transportation) or Airway Bill (for air transportation). Some products will require additional documentation such as sanitary or phytosanitary certificates for food and agricultural products, certificate of free sale for pharmaceutical products, and certificate of origin to access the preferential duties under the TPA.
An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Panama’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Panama Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Panama require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Panama, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Panama can have variant product quality.
How to buy Markem Imaje 9175 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Panama?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Panama. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Panama. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.