Overview of Portugal
- Portugal has a population of 10,196,709 people.
- Capital: Lisbon
- Official Language: Portuguese
- Total Area: 92,212 km2
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
Economic Statistics of Portugal
- Portugal has reached a GDP (PPP) of 346.9 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Clothing and footwear
- Wood and cork
- The breakdown of Portugal GDP Composition in 2019 included;
- Agriculture 2.07%
- Industry 18.89%
- Service 65.52%
- The leading importers of Portugal’s goods in 2019 were;
- Spain 23%
- France 12.7%
- Germany 12.1%
- The US 5.4%
- Italy 4.2%
- While the leading exporters to Portugal in 2019 were;
- Spain 28.9%
- Germany 13.1%
- France 9.3%
- Netherlands 4.8%
- China 4.2%
The Printing Industry in Portugal
- As the economy of Portugal grows, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions.
- By 2023, the printing and service activities related to the printing sector in Portugal targets to be worth 1.077 million USD.
- Also, Portugal gained revenue of 1 billion EUR from the printing industry in 2018. The sector is also proving to be resilient during the COVID-19 season, hence will keep growing.
- Portugal is preparing for Portugal Print Packaging and Labelling event on 10-12 February 2022. The event will bring together the machinery and equipment for the printing industry, labelling and labelling machinery and equipment, print media, among other stakeholders in the industry.
- As a result, more people in Portugal are looking for local and international printers and consumables.
TIJ Printer Double Head EA for sale
The Packaging Industry in Portugal
- Portugal is a member state of the Plastic Pact Network that works with different countries such as the UK, France and Chile. It aims to bring together all the stakeholders in the plastic packaging value chain.
- This initiative helps in regulating the packaging industry of Portugal as it continues to expand. One aim is to ensure that the plastic packaging solutions are 100% recyclable, reusable or compostable.
- The Portuguese Plastics Pact works towards a higher collection percentage of plastic packaging solutions to promote recycling up to 70%.
- This booming economy in Portugal will continue to push higher the demand for printing equipment, printing parts, printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: Handheld TIJ Printer Advanced
The Manufacturing Industry in Portugal
- Portugal’s manufacturing industry is one of the most significant sectors, accounting for 93.9% of the total production.
- Food products, coke, refined petroleum products and fuels, trailers and semi-trailers, motor vehicles and metal products are the major segments in the manufacturing industry.
- Portugal’s metalworking associations and tradeshows strengthen the manufacturing n industry at large. One of the significant association in this sector is AIMMAP that supports mechanical and metallurgical engineering industries.
Hence, Portugal’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Portugal
- Port of Sines
- Port of Lisbon
- Port of Douro
- Port of Sebutal
- Port of Aveiro
Camainks uses the Port of Sines when exporting printing products to Portugal
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Sines when exporting to our clients in Portugal. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
and other printer spare parts.
Domino IR 270 BK Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Portugal Import?
Although Portugal does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Portugal still needs to import from countries such as Spain, Germany and France. This demand for importing printers and ink in Portugal is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Portugal imports from these countries include,
Compatible Squid SI CIJ 9090 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Portugal?
- Portugal importation of goods is subject to European Union regulations. You are required to provide the following documents to the Customs office;
- A brief marine declaration of the goods.
- The Single Administrative Document together with accompanying documents for clearance.
- Certificate of origin
- Packing list
- Insurance certificate
- If you are outside the EU, you need to have an Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number when you want to lodge a customs declaration or an Exit/ Entry Summary declaration.
- When importing hazardous chemicals to Portugal, you need to adhere to the Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH) regulations.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is essential to follow Portugal’s import regulations.
How to buy 20W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Portugal Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Portugal require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Portugal, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Portugal can have variant product quality.
Markem Imaje MB 175 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Portugal?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, many domestic manufacturers and distributors are available in Portugal. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 clients in Portugal. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.