An Overview of Qatar
- Qatar has a population of 2,881,053 people.
- Capital: Doha
- Official Language: Arabic
- Total Area: 11,581 km2
- Currency: Qatari riyal (QAR)
The Economic Statistics of Qatar
- Qatar has reached a GDP (PPP) of 358.9 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Liquefied natural gas
- Crude oil
- The breakdown of Qatar GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 0.18%
- Services 46.47%
- Industry 57.68%
- The main importers of Qatar’s goods are;
- Japan 17.1%
- South Korea 15.6%
- India 13.6%
- China 13.4%
- While the leading exporters to Qatar are;
- The United States 14.6%
- France 12.7%
- The United Kingdom 9.4%
- China 8.6%
- Germany 5.1%
The Printing Industry in Qatar
- As Qatar’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
- Between 2020 and 2025, Qatar’s printing and packaging industry expect to see a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CARG) of 4.29%.
- The print label market is one of the fastest-growing sectors in Qatar. This is due to the rapid rise of digital print technology that has made the label printing market more sophisticated and has increased digital print labels.
- Also, Inkjet printing has contributed to the expansion of digital printing in Qatar. It is an economical alternative to other print processes as its costs are low and provide total variability.
- As a result, more people in Qatar are looking for printers for sale from local sources and importers.
TIJ Printer Double Head EA for sale
The Packaging industry in Qatar
- From 2015 to 2020, Qatar’s paper packaging products market grew at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CARG) of 5%, and according to IMARC Group, the industry expects to grow moderately between 2021 and 2026.
- The paper packaging materials are made by bleaching fibrous compounds from wood and recycled waste paper pulp. These packaging products include paper bags and sacks, liquid paperboard cartons, corrugated boxes, folding boxes, and cases.
- These packaging materials used in Qatar are easy to recycle and biodegrade, and as a result, they offer an alternative to plastic packaging materials. The government of Qatar has a vision of growing the paper packaging products as one of the green economy initiatives under the National Vision 2030.
- This boosting economy in Qatar will continue to push higher the demand for industrial printers, printing parts, printing equipment, and printing consumables.
Industrial Printer: CIJ Printer Touch Screen
The Manufacturing Industry in Qatar
- Qatar’s manufacturing industry has a comparative advantage due to its gas-intensive sector. For the last three to four years, the manufacturing industry has contributed to the country’s GDP by 10%.
- Some of the factors enhancing the growth of Qatar’s manufacturing industry are greater exposure to trade, physical capital investment, aggressive advertising through various channels, and competition in the sector.
- Also, the country has experienced a sudden population increase currently, and as a result, foreign companies have identified Qatar as a potential destination for the industry set up. Its natural gas sector serves as the backbone of other manufacturing sectors. Besides, the country is one of the most significant liquefied natural gas, fertilizers, and petroleum products exporter.
Hence, Qatar’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Qatar
- Hamad port
- Mesaieed port
- Ras Laffan port
- Umm Said port
Camainks uses the port of Hamad when exporting printing products to Qatar
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Hamad when exporting to our clients in Qatar. We have shipped items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Markem-imaje inks
- and other printer spare parts
Hitachi JP K 72 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Qatar Import?
Although Qatar does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Qatar still needs to import from countries like the US, France, and the UK. This demand for importing printers and ink in Qatar is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Qatar imports from these countries include,
Compatible Videojet V 705 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Qatar?
- When importing printers and ink to Qatar, you require an import license issued to Qatari nationals or Qatari partners under a limited liability partnership. The Ministry of Commerce and Industry must register it.
- For your printers and ink to be cleared from customs zones at the port, provide documents such as customs declaration, certificate of origin, import license, pro forma invoice, and bill of lading.
- The invoices and certificate of origin should be official for the shipped products, or otherwise, you won’t be cleared. Also, an HS CODE must appear on the official invoice and certificate of origin.
- When importing chemicals or hazardous material to Qatar, you require an import license from local authorities in the country.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is essential to follow Qatar’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Qatar Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Qatar require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Qatar, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Qatar can have variant product quality.
Riso Comcolor ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Qatar?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Qatar. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Qatar. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.