An Overview of Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia has a population of 35.34 million.
- Capital: Riyadh
- Official Language: Arabic
- Total Area: 2.15 million km²
- Currency: Saudi Riyal
Economic Statistics of Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia has reached a GDP of 700.12 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Crude oil production
- Petroleum refining
- Industrial gases
- The breakdown of Saudi Arabia’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (53.2%)
- Industry (44.2%)
- Agriculture (2.6%)
- The main importers of Saudi Arabia’s goods are
- Japan (12.2%)
- South Korea (9.0%)
- India (8.9%)
- United States (8.3%)
- While the main exporters to Saudi Arabia are
- United States (13.6%)
- United Arab Emirates (6.5%)
- Germany (5.8%)
- Japan (4.1%)
The Printing Industry in Saudi Arabia
- As the economy in Saudi Arabia has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Saudi Arabia’s printing market is the oldest and the largest in the Gulf and is worth $800 million, growing steadily at eight percent per annum.
- Major industry manufacturers such as Canon, Agfa, Fujifilm, Kodak, HP and Mimaki have been focusing on introducing the latest technologies in digital printing in Saudi Arabia.
- Digital printing, although the smallest market share is showing a robust growth taking 10% of the overall market. This sector has a high potential to expand as the demand for long runs is shrinking, and short runs and variable printing are becoming increasingly popular.
- As a result, more people in Saudi Arabia are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Packaging Industry in Saudi Arabia
- The Packaging Industry in Saudi Arabia is segmented by Packaging Type (Flexible Packaging and Rigid Packaging), Packaging Material (Plastic, Glass, Metal, and Other Packaging Materials), and End-user Industry (Food, Beverages, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical, Retail, Beauty and Personal Care, and Other End-user Industries).
- Packaging, especially plastic, has changed the ways in which the packaging industry functioned. Packaging solutions that are lightweight, durable, and comfortable to the users are some of the factors which have increased the use of plastics as a packaging material across the world.
- The packaging industry in Saudi Arabia (also referred to as ‘the Saudi Arabia packaging market’) is expected to register a CAGR of 2.2% over the forecast period, 2021 - 2026.
- This boosting economy in Saudi Arabia will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial Printer: CIJ Printer
The Manufacturing Industry in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia is one of the world's fastest growing countries in the manufacturing sector, with 7.5% average growth every year. Currently, the manufacturing sector contributes roughly 10% to the nation's GDP.
- Key factors in the growth of the manufacturing industry are the developed R&D facilities, government support, modern infrastructure and business-friendly regulations.
- The government is now planning to invest nearly USD 70 billion in building six new economic cities with business supportive regulations and modern infrastructure. Their stronghold on the plastics and chemicals market adds to the ease of implementation of their plan.
- Hence, Saudi Arabia’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Saudi Arabia
- Jeddah Islamic Port
- King Abdulaziz Port Dammam Port
- King Fahad Industrial Port Yanbu
- King Fahad Industrial Port Jubail
- Jubail Commercial Port
Camainks uses the Port of Jeddah when exporting printing products to Saudi Arabia
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Jeddah when exporting to our clients in Saudi Arabia. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Domino BK 0101 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Saudi Arabia Import?
Although Saudi Arabia does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Saudi Arabia still needs to import from countries such as China, US, UAE, Japan, and Germany. This demand for importing printers and ink in Saudi Arabia is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Saudi Arabia imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Saudi Arabia?
- In January 2018, the SAG implemented a VAT at a rate of five percent, in addition to the excise taxes implemented in June 2017 on cigarettes (at a rate of 100 percent), carbonated drinks (at a rate of 50 percent), and energy drinks (at a rate of 100 percent).
- Saudi Arabia uses the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System for tariff classification purposes. As a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), it applies the GCC common external tariff of 5 percent to be levied on most goods imported from countries outside the GCC.
- Goods that compete with those produced domestically are dutiable at rates of 12 percent or 20 percent, depending on the industry. Certain textile imports are among the products on which the 12 percent rate applies. Dates are dutiable at 40 percent. Cigarettes and other tobacco products are dutiable at 100 percent.
- The Department of Customs at the Ministry of Finance appraises all merchandise moving through Saudi customs ports. Moreover, the Saudi Food & Drug Authority (SFDA) was empowered by the Saudi Council of Ministers to have a representative at nine Saudi ports of entry with Saudi Custom officials to regulate and control the entry of medical devices.
- An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Saudi Arabia’s import regulations.
Desktop TIJ Printer for sale
Why Should Saudi Arabia Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Saudi Arabia require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Saudi Arabia, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Saudi Arabia can have variant product quality.
How to buy Markem Imaje 9175 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Saudi Arabia?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Saudi Arabia. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Saudi Arabia. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.