An Overview of Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka has a population of21.8 million
- Capital:Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Official Language:Sinhala and Tamil
- Total Area: 65,612 km2
- Currency:Sri Lankan rupee
Economic Statistics of Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka has reached a GDP of84.01 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Textiles & clothing
- Processing of tea
- Agricultural commodities
- The breakdown of Sri Lanka GDP Composition includes
- Service (58.24%)
- Industry (27.4%)
- Agriculture (7.42%)
- The main importers of Sri Lanka’s goods are
- United States (24.87%)
- United Kingdom (8.88%)
- India (6.72%)
- Germany (4.66%)
- Italy (4.53%)
- While the main exporters to Sri Lanka are
- India (21.08%)
- United Arab Emirates (7.34%)
- Singapore (6.06%)
- Japan (4.87%)
The Printing Industry in Sri Lanka
As the economy in Sri Lanka has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- Sri Lanka offers a variety of products to the export market that ranges from commercial printing to quality packaging materials like garment tags, tea cartons, and labels that support major export sectors.
- The printing industry in Sri Lanka is highly diversified under various manufacturing segments like flexography, offset, screen, gravure and digital printing. It encompasses large, medium and small scale based on the volume of specialization.
- The print products are currently exported mainly to the European Union. Some export markets for printing products from Sri Lanka include UK, USA, Sweden, Italy, Singapore, Maldives and India.
- As a result, more people in Sri Lanka are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
CIJ Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Sri Lanka
- The printing and packaging industry is one of the most important contributors to Sri Lankan exports, both directly and indirectly. Overthe past few years, the printing industry has made tremendous progress. Revenue from exports increased from USD 83 million in 2015 to USD 118 million in 2019.
In addition to daily exports, Sri Lanka's packaging industry provides a wealth of opportunities for green or environmentally friendly goods. Many of the industry's top packaging companies have taken steps to protect the environment, recover raw materials, and sell green printing processes to the global market at highly competitive prices while maintaining world-class quality.
- This boosting economy in Sri Lanka will continue to drive demand forindustrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
- According to Reuters, the global retail e-commerce packaging marketis rising at a much faster rate—at 5.9%—due to the rise of online and internet shopping.
Industrial Printer: Desktop TIJ Printer
The Manufacturing Industry in Sri Lanka
- According to the Department of Census and Statistics, Sri Lanka's manufacturing industry grew by 5.3 percent in the third quarter of 2020, compared to the same quarter in 2019.
- The Department of Commerce announced the National Accounts Estimates for the third quarter of 2020, stating that the total manufacturing sector grew by0.6 percent in the quarter. This expansion has occurred as a result of the country's reopening after the first phase of Covid and the resumption of manufacturing activities.
- During this time, the majority of the growth was in the development of chemicals and basic drugs. This is a 13.1 percentincrease. Food and tobacco production, which accounts for 6.9% of GDP, increased by 11.5 percent as well. Rubber and plastics production increased by 4.8 percent, while non-metallic commercial goods increased by 4.2 percent.
- Hence, Sri Lanka’s expandingmanufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Sri Lanka
Port of Colombo
Port of Hambantota
Port of Galle
Port of Point Pedro
Camainks uses Port of Colombo when exporting printing products to Sri Lanka
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Colombo when exporting to our clients in Sri Lanka. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
Citronix cij inks
Other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 9175 for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Sri Lanka Import?
Although Sri Lanka does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Sri Lanka still needs to import from countries such as India, China, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, and Japan. This demand for importing printers and ink in Sri Lanka is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Sri Lanka imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 60 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Sri Lanka?
- According to the official government website, “Basic documents required by commercial banks for imports include an invoice, insurance certificate (if applicable), and transport documents. Depending on the product and the mode of payment, certificates such as certificates of origin, inspection certificates, and packing lists may also be required. Shipments by air cargo may require the same documentation as those arriving by sea.”
- It also states that. “All shipping documents in relation to imports made on DP or DA terms should be forwarded by the supplier’s bank or by the supplier to a commercial bank in Sri Lanka for release to the importer of goods. In the event the original documents are not received on time, the importer, at the discretion of the bank, may obtain a shipping guarantee and may submit copies of these documents for certification by the bank for clearance of the goods.”
- Within 30 days of the date of certification of the copies, the importer can arrange for the initial shipping documents to be received by the concerned bank. The importer must send appropriate shipping documents approved by a commercial bank, as well as customs declaration forms, to the Sri Lanka Department of Customs in order to clear goods through customs.
- Hazardous and dangerous substances, as well as pesticides, are subject to import limits. For environmental reasons, used and reconditioned air conditioners and refrigerators must be licensed.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Sri Lanka’s import regulations.
How to buy 20W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Sri Lanka Import Printers and Ink?
- Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Sri Lanka require printers and ink promptly.
- High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Sri Lanka, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
- Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Sri Lanka can have variantproduct quality.
Linx 1010 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Sri Lanka?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Sri Lanka. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Sri Lanka. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.