An Overview of Switzerland
- Switzerland has a population of 8.7 million.
- Capital: Bern
- Official Language: German, Romansh, French, Italian
- Total Area: 41,285 km²
- Currency: Swiss Franc
Economic Statistics of Switzerland
- Switzerland has reached a GDP of 708 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Precision Instruments
- The breakdown of Switzerland’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (73.7%)
- Industry (25.6%)
- Agriculture (0.7%)
- The main importers of Switzerland’s goods are
- Germany (15.2%)
- US (12.3%)
- India (6.7%)
- France (5.7%)
- While the main exporters to Switzerland are
- Germany (20.9%)
- US (7.9%)
- Italy (7.6%)
- UK (7.3%)
- France (6.8%)
The Printing Industry in Switzerland
- As the economy in Switzerland has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
The printing industry – on the one hand there is a rich tradition, on the other fast development full of change and competition.
The largest companies by turnover in Switzerland in the industry Printing and reproduction of recorded media are Copytrend, Bonafini, Zebra, Windoller and Holscher, and Tibo.
Even today, in the age of electronic media, annual growth rates in book production and other commercial printing materials are still recorded.
As a result, more people in Switzerland are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Industrial Printer: CIJ Printer
The Packaging Industry in Switzerland
- 2019 saw continued demand for multifunctionality in beauty and personal care products, pushing producers to offer packaging formats in line with several trends.
- Measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 have driven up sales of larger packaging formats as consumers initially stockpiled for fear of running out of staple goods, and then reduced the frequency of their shopping trips to avoid unnecessary face-to-face contact.
- Sales in bigger pack sizes have also benefitted from the rise of e-commerce, as has packaging in general. Multipacks have similarly benefitted, and both multipack formats and large packs are set to continue to do well over 2021.
- This boosting economy in Switzerland will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
Desktop LH TTO Printer for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in Switzerland
- Switzerland has a highly developed manufacturing industry specializing in high-tech and knowledge-based production.
- Other important industries include food and beverage, machinery, chemicals, textiles, precision instruments and pharmaceuticals, along with the legendary Swiss watch.
- The factors that make the Swiss manufacturing industry so strong are its role as an economic engine in a highly industrialised country; its strong focus on exports and global presence; and its innovation leadership and high manufacturing quality.
- Hence, Switzerland’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Switzerland
Camainks uses the Port of Basel when exporting printing products to Switzerland
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Basel when exporting to our clients in Switzerland. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Linx 1010 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Switzerland Import?
Although Switzerland does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Switzerland still needs to import from countries such as Germany, US, Italy, UK, and France. This demand for importing printers and ink in Switzerland is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Switzerland imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Switzerland?
- Swiss customs duties are generally “specific” rather than “ad valorem”. Duties vary according to the item imported. Swiss customs use the Harmonized System (HS) for the classification of goods.
- Switzerland tends to impose low tariff rates on overall imports. In 2018 the trade-weighted average applied rate was 2%, according to the WTO. However, this includes a large volume of trade duty free with the European Union, European Free Trade Association, and other partners with whom Switzerland has bilateral free trade agreements.
- To find out whether a specific good is banned or restricted from import to Switzerland, consult the Tares database. Enter the HS code of a good and check to see if the “display details” page references a “permit obligation.” If so, goods of the selected type may only be imported or exported with the specified permit.
- Many EU/EEA countries maintain their own list of goods that are subject to import licensing. The Swiss Directorate of Customs’ list of goods with import restrictions can be found on their website.
- The European chemical regulations (REACH) on the registration, evaluation, authorization and restriction of chemicals applies in Switzerland through the EEA Agreement. In Switzerland, these regulations have been incorporated into the REACH Regulations.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Switzerland’s import regulations.
How to buy Markem Imaje 9175 Ink supply
Why Should Switzerland Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Switzerland require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Switzerland, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Switzerland can have variant product quality.
Desktop TIJ Printer for sale
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Switzerland?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Switzerland. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Switzerland. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.