An Overview of Syria
- Syria has a population of 17.85 million.
- Capital: Damascus
- Official Language: Arabic
- Total Area: 185,180 km²
- Currency: Syrian Pound
Economic Statistics of Syria
- Syria has reached a GDP of 56.28 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Food Processing
- The breakdown of Syria’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (63.0%)
- Agriculture (26.51%)
- Industry (10.49%)
- The main importers of Syria’s goods are
- Saudi Arabia (15.0%)
- Lebanon (13.1%)
- Turkey (9.97%)
- Spain (8.92%)
- UK (5.66%)
- While the main exporters to Syria are
- Turkey (20.0%)
- UAE (19.2%)
- Egypt (3.67%)
- Russia (3.67%)
The Printing Industry in Syria
- As the economy in Syria has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- The leading events keep pace with the growth of the packaging, printing, plastics, and petrochemicals industries in Syria and present a unique opportunity for attendees to advance the growth and development of these sectors and increase their contribution to the national economy.
- Increased demand for packaged consumer goods presents opportunities for industry players.
- The industry gives opportunity to stay up to date with the latest developments across key sectors to continue expansion , to build connections with local companies to establish a cross-industry base in Syria and to enhance your brand’s exposure among the sector’s experts and consumers.
- As a result, more people in Syria are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
Desktop LH TTO Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Syria
- As packaging impacts on a diverse range of services and industries, industrial visits focused on covering the spectrum of “packaging” producers and some users in the private sector.
- Development of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises has been at the core of major development initiatives in Syria over the last couple of years and packaging has been one of the areas of interest.
- Syria’s packaging industry specializes in metal packaging, paper packaging, textile packaging, plastic packaging, glass packaging, and wood packaging.
- This boosting economy in Syria will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in Syria
- Manufacturing is key sector in Syria's economic development, in both its contribution to national output and exports, and for job creation.
- Wool, cotton, and nylon textiles are Syria's most important manufactures, and mills are mainly in Aleppo, Damascus, Homs, and Ḥamāh; natural silk is also produced.
- Manufacturing accounts for about 6 percent of the value of Syria's production. The main industries are cement, glass, food processing, iron and steel, leather goods, brassware, fertilizers, and textiles.
- Hence, Syria’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Syria
- Borj Islam
Camainks uses the Port of Latiaka when exporting printing products to Syria
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Latiaka when exporting to our clients in Syria. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Syria Import?
Although Syria does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Syria still needs to import from countries such as China, Turkey, UAE, Egypt, and Russia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Syria is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Syria imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Syria?
- Bilateral EU-Syria relations are governed by the Cooperation Agreement signed in 1977 but is currently suspended as regards trade in crude oil, petroleum products, gold, precious metals and diamonds.
- Supposedly, non-tariff barriers (NTBs), through the imposition of cumbersome procedure and quantitative restrictions, are hence believed to be considerable.
- The law n25 of 1989 defines the general Syrian tariff policy. Under this law, 10 different lines of tariffs are considered, from total exemption to a high 200 percent tariff on luxury goods.
- All Products imported from GAFTA countries (but Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon) were benefiting (as of end-2002) from a 50 percent drawback on tariffs (but not on unified duties). GAFTA agreements foresee a complete elimination of tariff in 2007.
- An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Syria’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Syria Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Syria require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Syria, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Syria can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 Ink Supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Syria?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Syria. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Syria. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.