An Overview of Turkey
- Turkey has a population of 82 million.
- Capital: Ankara
- Official Language: Turkish
- Total Area: 783,562km²
- Currency: Turkish Lira
Economic Statistics of Turkey
- In 2019, Turkey has reached a GDP of 761.4 Billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Food Processing
- According to The World Bank, the breakdown of Turkey’s GDP Composition includes
- Agriculture (6.42%)
- Services (56.47%)
- Industry (27.19%)
- Manufacturing (18.28%)
- Furthermore, based on 2018’s data from BACI, the main importers of Turkey’s goods are
- Germany (9.42%)
- United Kingdom (6.75%)
- Italy (5.74%)
- United States (4.85%)
- Iraq (4.73%)
- While the main exporters to Turkey are
- Germany (11%)
- Russia (7.91%)
- United States (5.28%)
- Italy (5.14%)
The Printing Industry in Turkey
- There is a steady increase of print and related services in Turkey from 2009 to 2018, and the production value increase is estimated to be €1.83 billion.
- The revenue in printing and related services reached almost €4.08 billion in 2018 in Turkey, reported in Eurostat. Hence, as the economy in Turkey has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers.
- Based on 2016 to current data, the printer, scanner, and multi-function device market is expected to amount to approximately 324.1 million U.S. Dollars by 2021. As a result, more people in Turkey are looking for printers for sale.
The Packaging Industry in Turkey
- The Turkish packaging industry is set to grow from 52,789.6 million units in 2016 to 59,584.8 million units in 2021, registering a CAGR of 2.5% during 2016-2021.
- Turkish packaging industry continues to grow at a fast pace. The industry had a 539 million dollars foreign trade surplus in the first half of 2018. This increase will continue to drive demand for printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
- Flexible Packs is the largest packaging type accounting for 17,813.7 million units in 2016, while Rigid Metal is estimated to witness the fastest CAGR of 3.9% during 2016-2021.
The Manufacturing Industry in Turkey
- As concluded in 2020, Manufacturing is the most important sector in Turkey and it accounts for 84 percent of total production.
- Since November, the industrial output has expanded 11.0%, followed by a 10.4% increase in October. This expansion is notably the strongest upturn since January 2018 in mining and manufacturing production. Hence, Turkey’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink.
- For 2022, manufacturing production is forecasted to increase by around 4%.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Turkey
- Port of Mersin
- Port of Trabzon
- Port of Ambarlı
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Mersin when exporting to our clients in Turkey.
What Printers and Ink Do Turkey Import?
Although Turkey does have some manufacturers for printers and ink, Turkey still needs to import from countries such as Germany, China, and Russia. This demand for importing printers and ink in Turkey is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Turkey imports from these countries include,
- Inkjet Printer
- Continuous Inkjet Printer
- Citronix Printers
- Domino Printer
- Videojet Printer
- Hitachi Parts
- Linx 1512 Solvent
- Risograph Ink
- Laser Marking Machine
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Turkey?
As mentioned in Turkey’s official Country Commercial Guide, “The commercial invoice must be submitted in triplicate, including the original copy and must contain a complete description, quantity, unit cost, HS code, delivery method of the goods and country of origin as well as all required payment terms and letters of credit, if the transaction was actualized through this payment method”.
Besides, “A Certificate of Origin is required by certain foreign countries for tariff purposes, certifying the country of origin of specified goods. The certificate of origin is to be prepared in duplicate. No corrections are permitted on this document, and it should be in English”.
The Government of Turkey’s regulation on chemicals and hazardous materials requires, “companies importing into or manufacturing in Turkey to register all chemical substances whether pure or in mixture with an annual production or importation volume of more than one ton”.
Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Turkey’s import regulations.
Why Should Turkey Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Turkey require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Turkey, printers and ink are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Turkey can have variant product quality.
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Turkey?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Turkey. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products to clients in Turkey. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.