An Overview of Uganda
Uganda has a population of 46,970,372 people.
Official Languages: English and Swahili
Total Area: 241,038 km2
Currency: Ugandan Shilling (UGX)
Economic Statistics of Uganda
- Uganda has reached a GDP (PPP) of 118.7 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Sugarcane processing
- Cotton textile
- The breakdown of Uganda GDP Composition include;
- Agriculture 21.92%
- Industry 27.07%
- Services 43.32%
- The main importers of Uganda’s goods are;
- The United Arab Emirates 57.7%
- Kenya 9.4%
- Italy 4.2%
- Germany 3.0%
- Netherlands 2.5%
- While the leading exporters to Uganda are;
- China 19.3%
- India 16.5%
- Kenya 16.2%
- The United Arab Emirates 6.7%
- Japan 4.6%
The Printing Industry in Uganda
- As Uganda’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions.
- The printing industry in Uganda is one of the fastest and most competitive industries. It efficiently responds to new technology, speed, innovation, diversity, great price and extensive marketing.
- The industry has moved from Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC) in the public sector to private companies like Vision Group, Inline Graphics and MK Graphics. In Uganda, you can start a small-scale printing business with about sh2m to a full printing house that requires several million dollars.
- Due to technological advancement in the printing industry, the sector is adopting advanced devices and offset printing. The printing and publishing sector is highly concentrated in Kampala though it can spread to more than 108 towns.
- As a result, more people in Uganda are looking for printers for sale from local sources and importers.
TIJ Printer Double Head for sale
The Packaging Industry in Uganda
- The packaging industry in Uganda is blossoming due to new opportunities. In 2020, At Hause Limited came together with Business Call to Action (BCtA) to reduce agricultural produce loss by offering 300,000 insect and rat-resistant packaging to low-income farmers in Ugandan rural areas.
- This packaging company in Uganda expects to provide 30,000 indirect jobs to low-income retailers, wholesalers, distributors and traders of these bags. With these packaging bags, farmers in Uganda will lengthen the life span of the harvested crops.
- Also, in the recent past, the Ugandan team, together with a university from the UK, come up with new eco-friendly packaging. The packaging solution is made from maize Stover, and hence it is environmentally friendly and biodegradable.
- This boosting economy in Uganda will continue to push higher the demand for industrial printers, printing parts, printing equipment and printing consumables.
industrial printer: VJ6230 LH TTO Printer Original
The Manufacturing Industry in Uganda
The manufacturing industry in Uganda mainly comprises agro-processing, construction materials, food and beverage, fast-moving consumer goods and household products. Also, the industry is made of small and medium enterprises, which are primarily concentrated in Kampala.
The Ugandans want the manufacturing industry to be at the forefront in its contribution to the GDP. The Ugandan government and the residents are working together to boost this industry to the next level. This will help to create more jobs among the Ugandans, attract foreign investors and increase exports.
Hence, Uganda’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Uganda
Uganda is a landlocked country, and hence it partners with Kenya to use its port. The country uses;
Also, the country uses its trading hubs such as;
- Mbarara port
- Masindi port
- Kampala port
- Arua port
Camainks uses the port of Mombasa when exporting printing products to Uganda
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Mombasa when exporting to our clients in Uganda. We have shipped items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Willet inks
- and other printer spare parts
Hitachi JP K 67 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Uganda Import?
Although Uganda has some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Uganda still needs to import from countries like China, India, and Kenya. This demand for importing printers and ink in Uganda is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Uganda imports from these countries include,
Compatible Domino MC 236 BK Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Uganda?
- Registered importers under the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) have a guarantee of a faster clearance for their goods in Uganda.
- When importing printers and ink to Uganda, use a licensed clearing agent.
- Also, you require a declaration of an IM4 which is assessed on the system ASYCUDA by the importer’s agent.
- After that, you pay taxes, and your declaration is tagged red. Verification will be conducted to ensure that you presented valid documents, and then your declaration gets a yellow tag.
- Your declaration is assigned to an officer in DPC who does all the DOC checking. Then, they release your declaration if all is okay. After this, you can pick your printers and ink at the port of Mombasa.
- When importing chemicals or hazardous materials to Uganda, you require an import certificate from the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives in Uganda.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is essential to follow Uganda’s import regulations.
How to buy 50W High Speed Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Uganda Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Uganda require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Uganda, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Uganda can have variant product quality.
Markem-Imaje 5160 White Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Uganda?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Uganda. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 clients in Uganda. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.