An Overview of United Kingdom
- United Kingdom has a population of 66.65 million.
- Capital: London
- Official Language: English
- Total Area: 242,495 km²
- Currency: Pound sterling
Economic Statistics of United Kingdom
- United Kingdom has reached a GDP of 2.64 trillion USD. Its largest industries are
- Food and drink
- The breakdown of United Kingdom GDP Composition includes
- Service (71.26 %)
- Manufacturing (17.41 %)
- Agriculture (0.61%)
- The main importers of United Kingdom’s goods are
- United States (15.7%)
- Germany (10.3%)
- Netherlands (7.4%)
- France (7.0%)
- Ireland (6.3)
- While the main exporters to United Kingdom are
- Germany (12.9 %)
- United States (9.3%)
- Netherlands (8%)
- France (5.4%)
The Printing Industry in United Kingdom
Desktop TIJ Printer Standard for sale
- As the economy in United Kingdom has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
- The United Kingdom was the world's fifth largest manufacturer of printed goods in 2017. This shows the importance of the British print industry, as well as the fact that the UK is a major player in the global print business.
- Advertising, education, entertainment, and information all benefit from the use of print. Central and local government, financial services, retailing, distribution, travel and tourism, and manufacturing sectors are all served by it.
- The UK printing industry is a significant economic contributor and employer in all UK regions, with a turnover of £14.3 billion, a gross value added of £6.4 billion, and about 140,000 people employed in about 10,500 companies.
- As a result, more people in United Kingdom are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
The Packaging Industry in United Kingdom
Industrial Printer: CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot
- The UK packaging industry is set to grow from 110,204.3 million units in 2017 to 118,276.3 million units by 2022, witnessing a CAGR of 1.4% during 2017-2022, compared to 1.7% during 2012-2017.
- The Packaging Manufacturing Industry in the United Kingdom generates £11 billion in annual sales and employs 85,000 people, or 3% of the UK manufacturing workforce. It is a significant contributor to the UK economy and an important link in the packaging supply chain.
- The United Kingdom Packaging Market is segmented by End-user Vertical (Food, Beverage, Healthcare, Industrial, Cosmetics, Personal Care and Household Care, Plastic Packaging Market (Segmentation by Material Type, Segmentation by Type), Paper packaging Market (Segmentation by Type), Glass Packaging Market and Metal Packaging Market.
- This boosting economy in United Kingdom will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
The Manufacturing Industry in United Kingdom
- Manufacturing is the UK economy's third largest market, after business services and retail, in terms of GDP share. In 2009, the manufacturing sector in the United Kingdom produced about £140 billion in gross value added (GVA), accounting for just over 11% of the UK economy.
- Manufacturing is a complex industry that includes a wide variety of sectors, innovations, and activities. Along with well-established industries like food and beverage, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, electronics, and automotive, new industries focused on emerging technologies are emerging.
- Within the manufacturing sector, there is a high degree of interdependence between industries. This is because a manufacturing industry's production will frequently be a critical input for another manufacturing industry. Manufacturing goods, in general, can be a driver of output for other sectors of the economy.
- Hence, United Kingdom’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of United Kingdom
Camainks uses Port of Felixstowe when exporting printing products to United Kingdom.
- Port of Felixstowe
- Port of Southampton
- Port of London
- Port of Immingham
- Port of Liverpool
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Felixstowe when exporting to our clients in United Kingdom. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
Domino BK 0101 Ink for bulk purchases
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix cij inks
- Other printer spare parts
What Printers and Ink Do United Kingdom Import?
Although United Kingdom does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, United Kingdom still needs to import from countries such Germany, China, United States, Netherlands and France. This demand for importing printers and ink in United Kingdom is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that United Kingdom imports from these countries include,
- Inkjet Printer
- Continuous Inkjet Printer
- Citronix Printers
- Domino Printer
- Videojet Printer
Compatible Hitachi TH 60 Make Up for industrial printers
- Hitachi Parts
- Linx 1512 Solvent
- Risograph Ink
- Laser Marking Machine
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to United Kingdom?
How to buy 20W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
- The majority of industrial goods do not require an import license to enter the UK or EU. Some industrial goods, however, require import licenses from the Import Licensing Branch (ILB) as a result of national, EU, or UN controls. The Department for International Trade’s (DIT) Import Licensing Branch is the UK licensing authority.
- There are various products which are presently subject to import restrictions, either because they are prohibited, subject to quotas or where the import is monitored with licenses. Examples of products currently prohibited include assault guns, self-defense sprays and rough diamonds.
- Following the United Kingdom's exit from the European Union, we created an independent Prior Informed Consent (PIC) regulatory framework in the United Kingdom for the import of certain hazardous chemicals. Businesses that export or import PIC-listed chemicals from or into the United Kingdom must follow the current GB PIC regime.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow United Kingdom’s import regulations.
Why Should United Kingdom Import Printers and Ink?
Squid SI 255 Ink Ink supply
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in United Kingdom require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in United Kingdom, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in United Kingdom can have variant product quality.
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for United Kingdom?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in United Kingdom. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in United Kingdom. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.