An Overview of Zambia
- Zambia has a population of 18.92 million.
- Capital: Lusaka
- Official Language: English
- Total Area: 752,618 km²
- Currency: Zambian Kwacha
Economic Statistics of Zambia
- Zambia has reached a GDP of 75.86 billion USD. Its largest industries are
- Food Processing
- The breakdown of Zambia’ GDP Composition includes
- Services (60.0%)
- Industry (31.3%)
- Agriculture (8.6%)
- The main importers of Zambia’s goods are
- Congo (13.0%)
- South Africa (6.4%)
- South Korea (4.9%)
- India (4.3%)
- While the main exporters to Zambia are
- South Africa (34.5%)
- Congo (18.2%)
- Kenya (9.7%)
- India (4.4%)
The Printing Industry in Zambia
- As the economy in Zambia has grown, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and makeups and cleaning solutions.
The country has a strong printing industry and is easily able to accommodate the demands from the manufacturing sector, service sector, and mining sector – all the sectors.
- Zambia’s print industry strives to be the best in marketing and advertising, helping Zimbabweans compete successfully in marketing & advertising of their products and services throughout Zambia and the globe.
The fact that most of the printing ink in Zambia is imported gives an opportunity for international partners to tap into this market.
As a result, more people in Zambia are looking for printers for sale whether from domestic sources or via imports.
High Resolution Inkjet Printer for sale
The Packaging Industry in Zambia
- Zambia’s packaging industry specializes in metal packaging, paper packaging, textile packaging, plastic packaging, glass packaging, and wood packaging.
- The largest companies by turnover in Zambia in the packaging industry are Polymer Packaging Limited, Imco Industries Limited, Jayhind Packages Limited, Plastex Packing Limited, and Nampak.
- Small-scale agro-food processors in Zambia can now produce better-quality packaging through the use of new testing equipment at the Packaging and Textile Laboratory of the Zambia Bureau of Standards.
- This boosting economy in Zambia will continue to drive demand for industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, printing consumables such as inks, make ups and cleaning solutions.
CIJ Printer (IPS-C200) 34 Dot for sale
The Manufacturing Industry in Zambia
- Zambia has a high propensity for consumption of manufactured goods.
- Zambia's manufacturing sector has considerable investment potential as the domestic economy is relatively well endowed with resource factors such as raw materials, required labor force, abundant land, water and rich minerals.
- The manufacturing activities in the country areundertaken by the private sector with government playing a proactive role. The sector is of vitalimportance in relation to the country’ macroeconomic strategy for encouraging broad based economic growth.
- Hence, Zambia’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Zambia
Dar es Salaam
Camainks uses the Port of Dar es Salaam when exporting printing products to Zambia
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Dar es Salaam when exporting to our clients in Zambia. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix CIJ inks
- and other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 5132 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Zambia Import?
Although Zambia does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Zambia still needs to import from countries such as South Africa, Congo, Kenya, China, and India. This demand for importing printers and ink in Zambia is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Zambia imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH 70 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Zambia?
- The Zambian Government frequently announces import and export bans on agricultural staples in its efforts to ensure domestic supply. It also maintains a de facto ban on agricultural products with genetically modified content through restrictive legislation and regulations.
- Administrative corruption may be the most serious non-tariff barrier, particularly as it relates to government procurement. Other non-trade barriers include intellectual property infringement, preferential treatment of state-owned enterprises, and an overly cumbersome and often arbitrary and non-transparent regulatory environment.
- Customs valuation is tallied on a Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) basis. Most goods fall into one of three tariff bands: 0-5 percent (Capital Equipment and Raw Materials); 15 percent (Intermediate Goods); or 25 percent (Finished Goods).
- Import Value Added Tax (VAT) is collected on behalf of the VAT Division and is charged on the Taxable Value, i.e. Customs Value + Customs Duty (+ Excise Duty, where applicable) at the rate of 16 percent.
- An application for grant of license for hazardous chemicals shall be accompanied by an EIA of the project or industrial activity involving generation, collection, consignment, transport, treatment, disposal, storage, handling or import of a hazardous substance in respect of which the license is sought.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Zambia’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Zambia Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity and some clients in Zambia require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Zambia, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Zambia can have variant product quality.
How to buy Linx 1010 Ink Supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Zambia?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Zambia. However, if you looking for large quantities of inks, make ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and Markem Imaje 2200 to clients in Zambia. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.