An Overview of Cyprus
- Cyprus has a population of 1,207,359 people, according to the UN data.
- Capital: Nicosia
- Official Language: Greek & Turkish
- Total Area: 9,251 km2
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
Economic Statistics of Cyprus
- Cyprus has reached a GDP (PPP) of 36.9 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Food and beverage processing
- Cement and gypsum
- Ship repair and refurbishment
- The breakdown of Cyprus GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 2.04%
- Industry 13.01%
- Services 71.86%
- The main importers of Cyprus’s goods are;
- India 9.2%
- Greece 8.7%
- Libya 8.1%
- The United Kingdom 7.3%
- Italy 3.9%
- While the leading exporters to Cyprus are;
- Greece 165.9%
- Italy 10.0%
- Turkey 8.2%
- Germany 5.4%
- The United Kingdom 5.1%
The Printing Industry in Cyprus
- As Cyprus’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks and make-ups.
- Cyprus’s printing industry is worth 76.5 million euros and the 24th among the European countries in 2021. Besides, the industry has employed 1.0bn people as of 2021.
- This industry has grown by approximately 2.5% per year between 2016 and 2021. Also, as of 2021, Cyprus has 278 printing businesses, increasing by 4.5% compared to 2020. Lastly, the number of printing businesses in Cyprus has grown by 4.5% per year between 2016 and 2021.
- As a result, more people in Cyprus are looking for printers for sale from local sources and imports.
“CIJ Printer 34 Dot for sale
The Packaging Industry in Cyprus
- The plastic packaging goods manufacturing industry in Cyprus is worth 90.8 million euros as of 2021. This industry has grown by 8.5% per year from 2016 to 2021.
- As the industry continues to evolve, new packaging trends are emerging. Some of them include eco-friendly packaging materials, blurred images, transparent bottles, and elaborate descriptions.
- The plastic packaging goods manufacturing sector in Cyprus has employed about 619 million people as of 2021. Also, Cyprus has 28 plastic packaging manufacturing businesses in 2021, an increase of 3.1% from 2020.
- This boosting economy in Cyprus will continue to push higher the demand for printers, printing parts, printing equipment, and printing consumables such as inks and make-ups.
Industrial printer: VJ6230 LH TTO Printer Original
The Manufacturing Industry in Cyprus
- The main growing sectors in Cyprus’s manufacturing industry are ICT, manufacturing parts, instruments, and electronics. The production of cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, cement, and fabricated metal items is also increasing.
- The Cyprus manufacturing industry has the vision to expand soon with government support through incentives and initiatives. Through this, the industry will attract foreign direct investment that will help the industry grow.
- Besides, the Cyprus manufacturing industry is likely to expand because the country has one of the EU’s lowest corporate tax rates. Also, it is an attractive and affordable manufacturing base for manufacturers in Europe and beyond.
Hence, Cyprus’s expanding manufacturing industry has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Cyprus
- Port of Limassol
- Port of Famagusta
- Port of Paphos
- Port of Lefkosa
- Port of Nicosia
Camainks uses the port of Limassol when exporting printing products to Cyprus
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Limassol when exporting to our clients in Cyprus. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printer, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Willet inks
- and other printer spare parts
Hitachi JP K 72 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Cyprus Import?
Although Cyprus does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Cyprus still needs to import from countries such as Greece, Italy, and Turkey. This demand for importing printers and ink in Cyprus is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Cyprus imports from these countries include,
Compatible Videojet V 705 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Cyprus?
- Cyprus is a member of the European Union, and hence, importers have to follow the set regulations for importing to EU countries.
- When importing printers and ink to Cyprus, an EORI number is compulsory. The Economic Operator Registration and Identification number help in the electronic communication with the customs authorities and other government agencies.
- Also, you need to enlist as a taxpayer with the Tax authority in Cyprus for a smooth importation process.
- As the printers and ink importer, you can declare the goods through a Single Administrative Document (SAD).
- To import chemicals or hazardous materials to Cyprus, you should adhere to Prior Informed Consent (PIC) Regulations. Also, you should provide information about the chemical at the time of import.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is crucial to follow Cyprus’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Fly CO2 Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Cyprus Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Cyprus require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Cyprus, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Cyprus can have variant product quality.
Videojet Ink V 20943 ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Cyprus?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Cyprus. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Cyprus. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.