An Overview of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia had a population of 114,963,588 people in 2020, according to UN data.
- Capital: Addis Ababa
- Official Language: Amharic, Oromo, and Tigrinya
- Total Area: 1,104,300 km2
- Currency: Birr (ETB)
Economic Statistics of Ethiopia
- Ethiopia has reached a GDP of 95.6 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Food processing
- Metals processing
- The breakdown of Ethiopia GDP Composition include;
- Industry 21.6%
- Agriculture 34.8%
- Services 43.6%
- The main importers of Ethiopia's goods in 2019 were;
- China 16.6%
- The US 15.6%
- The United Arab Emirates 8.1%
- Saudi Arabia 6.3%
- South Korea 5.1%
- While the main exporters to Ethiopia in 2019 were:
- China 26.5%
- India 9.3%
- The United Arab Emirates 8.8%
- France 8.8%
- The United Kingdom 7.0%
The Printing Industry in Ethiopia
- As Ethiopia's economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks, make-up, and cleaning solutions.
- The printing industry in Ethiopia began way back after introducing various religions and foreign missionaries in the country. The industry has grown over the years, and many printing companies developed.
- In Africa, Ethiopia is the 4th country to introduce a printing press and 46thin the world according to its print market size.
- One of the sectors that expect to grow largely in Ethiopia is the printing inks market due to the country's fast-expanding packaging industry.
- As a result, more Ethiopian people are looking for printers for sale from local and international manufacturers.
CIJ Printer 40 MICRON NOZZLE for sale
The Packaging Industry in Ethiopia
- Between 2012 and 2017, Ethiopia's packaging, printing, and plastics sectors have increased in value and expanded by 601.8%, a compound annual growth rate of 45%.
- The industry is growing due to the increased demand for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) that benefits from the large local market and exports from outside countries.
- The most used packaging products in Ethiopia are plastics, flexible & rigid glass, cartons, caps, aluminum, and corks. Plastic has the highest share in the market.
- Ethiopia's boosting economy will continue to drive the demand for the industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions higher.
Industrial printer: VJ6230 LH TTO Printer Original
The Manufacturing Industry in Ethiopia
- According to Africa Center for Economic Transformation, Ethiopia's manufacturing industry is experiencing some success over the years. The industry is experiencing growth due to government commitment to change from an agriculture-led economy to an industry-led one, cheap hydropower, and infrastructure availability.
- The industry's employment has also increased from 40,000 workers to more than 200,000 workers between 2000 and 2014.
- Ethiopia expects to increase its manufacturing industry's contribution to the country's economy to 25% soon.
- Hence, Ethiopia's expanding manufacturing industry has increased demand for printing and industrial inksuch as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Ethiopia
Ethiopia is a landlocked country but uses the following seaports to export and import goods;
- Port of Djibouti
- Port of Berbera
- Port of Mombasa
Camainks uses port of Djibouti when exporting printing products to Ethiopia
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses Djibouti's largest port when exporting to our clients in Ethiopia. We have shipped items such as Inkjet printers, Laser printers, CIJ printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Markem-Imaje inks
- and other printer spare parts.
Linx 1039 Ink for bulk purchase
What Printers and Ink Do Ethiopia Import?
Although Ethiopia has some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Ethiopia still needs to import from countries such as China, India, and United Arab Emirates. This demand for importing printers and ink in Ethiopia is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Ethiopia imports from these countries include;
Compatible Markem Imaje 8188 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Ethiopia?
- First, ensure the goods you want to import meet the Ethiopian standards as prescribed by the General Authority for Import/Export/Quality Control in Ethiopia at the Ministry of industries.
- Second, send the good's information such as the price, quantity, delivery period, and regulatory requirements to the supplier.
- To import goods to Ethiopia, you need the following documents;
- Import card from the General Authority for import
- Taxation card
- Agency agreement
- Certificate of origin
- Insurance certificate
- Transit document
- Packing list, among others.
- When importing chemicals/hazardous materials to Ethiopia, you should have an import license from Ethiopia's regulatory bodies.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Ethiopia's import regulations.
How to buy 50W High Speed Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Ethiopia Import Printers and Ink?
Availability:The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Ethiopia require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Ethiopia, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Ethiopia can have variant product quality.
Videojet V 410 D Ink supply
Where Can I buy Printers and Ink for Ethiopia?
There are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Ethiopia if you are looking for individual-use printers and inks. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Ethiopia. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.