An Overview of Finland
- Finland has a population of approximately 5,540,720 people.
- Capital: Helsinki
- Official Language: Finnish and Swedish
- Total Area: 338,455 km2
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
Economic Statistics of Finland
- The country has reached a GDP of 265.9 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Metals and metal products
- Machinery and scientific instruments
- Pulp and paper
- The breakdown of Finland GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 2.22%
- Industry 23.97%
- Service 60.35%
- The main importers of Finland’s goods in 2019 were:
- Germany 14%
- Sweden 9.7%
- The US 8.2%
- Netherlands 6%
- China 5.5%
- While the main exporters to Finland in 2019 were:
- Germany 16.3%
- Sweden 13.9%
- Russia 13.2%
- China 6.2%
- Netherlands 6.0%
The Printing Industry in Finland
- As Finland’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks, make-ups and cleaning solution.
- Finland’s printing industry comprises the Finnish Media Federation, the Federation of the Printing Industry in Finland, Finnish Magazine Media Association, News Media Finland and Radio Media and the Finnish Book Publishers Association.
- There are approximately 650 member companies in the printing industry. Also, the industry employs more than 22,000 people in various sectors.
- The total turnover of Finland’s printing industry is 3.7 billion euros and expects to increase as the years go by.
- As a result, more people in Finland are looking for local or international sources to buy printers and printing consumables.
TIJ Printer 6 Head for sale
The Packaging Industry in Finland
- To avoid plastic pollution, Finland has innovated new packaging solutions, such as using wood-based fibers as packaging materials.
- Also, the Finnish Packaging Recycling RINK Ltd collects and compile packaging statistics from about 4,500 companies. Afterwards, the data is submitted to the Pirkanmaa ELY Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment.
- The purpose of compiling the packaging statistics is to know the impact of packaging materials on the environment as the industry continues to experience growth and innovation.
- This boosting economy in Finland will continue to push higher the demand for industrial inkjet printers, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: CIJ Printer
The Manufacturing Industry in Finland
- The manufacturing industry is Finland’s economic backbone. The technology sector produces up to 51% of exports from Finland.
- The industry employs 300,000 people directly and 700,000 people in total, according to Technology Industries of Finland. This is about 30% of the entire Finnish workforce.
- The main sectors in Finland’s manufacturing industry are the metal, chemical, forest, food, alcohol and tobacco industries.
Hence, Finland’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Finland
- Helsinki port
- Vantaa port
- Kuopio port
- Oulu port
- Tampere port
Camainks uses the port of Helsinki when exporting printing products to Finland
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Helsinki when exporting to our clients in Finland. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Willet inks
- and other printer spare parts.
Markem Imaje 9175 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Finland Import?
Although Finland does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Finland still needs to import from countries such as Japan, Sweden and the US. This demand for importing printers and ink in Finland is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Finland imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH TYPE A Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Finland?
- When exporting goods to Finland, they are subject to Finnish and European Union legislation.
- Also, you need several documents for goods to be allowed in Finland. This includes,
- A customs declaration form endorsed by the National Board of Customs in Finland
- A copy of the commercial invoice
- A valuation declaration for imports exceeding the value of EUR 5,045.65
- The importer or the authorized agent is the one who declares goods to Finnish Customs. You can do this through the Single Administrative Document (SAD).
- When exporting chemicals or hazardous materials to Finland, they need to be examined by the Finland authority.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Finland’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static CO2 Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Finland Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Finland require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Finland, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Finland can have variant product quality.
Videojet V 411 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Finland?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Finland. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 clients in Finland. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation. We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.