Overview of Greece
- Greece has a population of 10,423,054 people, according to the UN data.
- Capital: Athens
- Official Language: Greek
- Total Area: 131,957 km2
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
Economic Statistic of Greece
- Greece has reached a GDP (PPP) of 327.7 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Shipping and shipbuilding
- Food and tobacco processing
- The breakdown of Greece GDP Composition in 2019 includes;
- Agriculture 3.65%
- Industry 15.28%
- Service 68.07%
- The leading importers of Greece’s goods in 2019 were;
- Italy 9.9%
- Germany 6.6%
- Turkey 5.5%
- Cyprus 5.3%
- The US 4.3%
- While the leading exporters to Greece in 2019 were;
- Germany 10.5%
- Italy 8.3%
- China 8.9%
- Iraq 7.3%
- Netherlands 4.7%
The Printing Industry in Greece
- As Greece’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions.
- The printing industry of Greece mainly entails digital, screen and textile printing. There are approximately 350 companies that provide screen printing in the country. The digital printing segment in Greece is at its infancy stage.
- The competition in Greece printing industry is high. This is due to the increased number of the printing companies and the upcoming trends in the industry.
- One of the booming trends is e-printing, using technology to develop innovative, creative and user-friendly printing solutions. Most companies in Greece are working towards achieving full e-printing technology.
- As a result, more people in Greece are looking for printers for sale from local sources or imports.
Riso Comcolor for sale
The Packaging Industry in Greece
- Greece packaging material industry is one of the most dynamic industries. It is the only European country where the packaging material is incorporated in other sectors rather than as a single business.
- Plastic packaging has a strong future. This is due to its safety when transporting consumer products within the country and outside the country.
- The Association of the Greek Manufacturers of Packaging & Materials brings together the companies producing packaging materials out of tins, cartons, plastic, carton, paper and aluminum.
- This boosting economy in Greece will continue to push higher the demand for printers, printing equipment, printing parts and printing consumables such as inks and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: CIJ printer Touch Screen
The Manufacturing Industry in Greece
- The manufacturing industry of Greece produces tobacco, petroleum, chemicals, metal products, minerals, and processed food.
- As of 2017, the food processing industry was valued to be 10 billion USD annually. Also, the country has devoted millions acres of land to crop farming to support the food processing industry.
- In February 2021, the manufacturing industry in Greece projected a growth of 2.7 compared to 1.3% growth in January of the same year.
Hence Greece’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial inks such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Greece
- Port of Piraeus
- Port of Thessaloniki
- Port of Patras
- Port of Ermoupoli
- Port of Rafina
Camainks uses the port of Piraeus when exporting printing products to Greece
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Piraeus when exporting to our clients in Greece. We have shipped items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix inks
- and other printer spare parts.
Videojet V 480 C Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Greece Import?
Although Greece does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Greece still needs to import from countries such as Germany, Italy and China. This demand for importing printers and ink in Greece is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Greece imports from these countries include,
Compatible Willett 201 0001 730 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Greece?
- Since Greece is one of the European Union member states, you follow the Tariff of the European Community (TARIC code) regulations to import printers and ink to Greece.
- Also, you need the Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number for the importation process. The number is used in all electronic communications with the government agencies and Customs involved in international trade.
- As the importer, you must declare the printers and ink using the Single Administrative Document (SAD) to the Greece Customs.
- Greece importation process has three phases: one-time enrolment method to have an import permit, documentation necessary for importation, and import customs clearance procedure.
- When importing chemicals or hazardous materials to Greece, you need to contact the Greece import authorities to acquire an import license. Otherwise, your goods won‘t be allowed in the country.
- Because ink contains hazardous chemicals, it is crucial to follow Greece’s import regulations.
How to buy 50W High Speed Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Greece Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Greece require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Greece, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Greece can have variant product quality.
Markem-Imaje 5160 White Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Greece?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, many domestic manufacturers and distributors are available in Greece. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Greece. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.