An Overview of Laos
- Laos has a population of 7,275,560 people, according to the UN data.
- Capital: Vientiane
- Official Language: Lao
- Total Area: 237,955 km2
- Currency: Kip (LAK)
Economic Statistics of Laos
- Laos has reached a GDP of 18.17 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Mining-copper, tin, gold, and gypsum
- Electric power
- Agricultural processing
- Rubber construction
- The breakdown of Laos GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 15.29%
- Industry 30.91%
- Services 42.65%
- The leading importers of Laos's goods are;
- Thailand 36.1%
- Vietnam 16.2%
- Japan 2.5%
- The US 2.2%
- While the leading exporters to Laos are;
- Thailand 52.7%
- China 26%
- Vietnam 10.4%
- Japan 1.7%
- South Korea 1.3%
The Printing Industry in Laos
- As Laos's economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, cleaning solutions, and make-ups.
- In 2017, Vietnam helped Laos build a printing factory to boosting the printing industry. The factory is located 7 km from Vientiane and lies on 400 square meters area. Its construction cost amounted to 1.14 million US dollars.
- Besides, 3D printing is rapidly growing among Asian nations. Printing companies in countries like Laos are taking advantage of this computer-driven additive manufacturing technology in their operations.
- Laos also has large printing companies that have served and printed for government agencies and international organizations. Pankham Jampa is one of the printing companies that have served government offices such as UNDP, WHO, WFP, UNICEF, international NGOs, and embassies.
- As a result, more people in Laos are looking for printers for sale from local and international sources.
UV Inkjet Printer (71.8mm) 1-4 Heads for sale
The Packaging Industry in Laos
- Laos's packaging industry is expanding and adopting new trends. On 10th January 2021, the Sun Paper Company began a new packaging production line, PM 2, in Laos, and it had previously installed a PM 1 packing production line. The two are in the same workshop in Laos.
- The two high-end production line expects to have an annual output of 400,000 tons. This will see an increase in the packaging solution in the Laos market.
- Besides, the country is embracing environmentally friendly packaging solutions to reduce plastic pollution. In 2017, Bamboolao was launched to be used in Laos's food and beverage industry as an alternative to plastic straws.
- This boosting economy in Laos will continue to push higher the demand for printers, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as inks and make-ups
Industrial printer: Desktop TIJ Printer
The Manufacturing Industry in Laos
- Textile is one of the largest sectors in Laos, and most of the clothes worn globally come from Laos. Besides, the textile industry is evolving due to advancing technology.
- Also, the garment sector employs about 30,000 workers in approximately 60 exporting factories and 45 subcontracting firms.
- Other manufacturing sectors in Laos include animal feeds, insecticides, rubber footwear, detergents, and bricks.
Hence Laos's expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as squid ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Laos
Laos is a landlocked country. It uses the port of;
Camainks uses the port of Lanshi when exporting printing products to Laos
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Lanshi when exporting to our clients in Laos. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Hitachi inks
- and other printer spare parts
Domino IR 236 BK Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Laos Import?
Although Laos does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Laos still needs to import from countries such as Thailand, China, and Vietnam. This demand for importing printers and ink in Laos is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Laos imports from these countries include,
Compatible Hitachi TH Type E Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Laos?
- First, register with the Ministry of Industry and Commerce's Department of Enterprise Registration and Management.
- When the printers and ink arrive at the Laos border, you need to provide the following documents;
- Commercial invoice
- Copy of business license
- Carriers report
- Packing list
- Copy of tax registration
- Import customs declaration
- Copy of exporter license or registration
- Besides, printing products require automatic licensing. You can secure this license from the Department of Imports and Exports (DIMEX).
- When importing chemical products to Laos, you must obtain a permit from the Food and Drug Department of the Ministry of Public Health.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Laos’s import regulations.
How to buy 20W Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Laos Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Laos require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Laos, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Laos can have variant product quality.
Videojet V 411 Ink supply
Where Can I buy Printers and Ink for Laos?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Laos. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Laos. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.