An Overview of Nepal
- Nepal has a population of 29,136,808 people.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Official Language: Nepali
- Total Area: 147,516 km2
- Currency: Nepalese rupee (NPR)
Economic Statistics of Nepal
- Nepal has reached a GDP (PPP) of 94.4 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Carpets and textiles
- Small rice, jute, sugar, and oilseed mills
- Cement and brick production
- The breakdown of Nepal GDP Composition includes;
- Industry 13.3%
- Agriculture 24.26%
- Service 50.61%
- The leading importers of Nepal’s goods are;
- India 67.6%
- The US 9.96%
- Germany 3.5%
- Turkey 2.8%
- The United Kingdom 2.44%
- While the top exporters to Nepal include;
- India 70.2%
- China 14.6%
- The United Arab Emirates 2.78%
- Hong Kong 1.88%
The Printing Industry in Nepal
- As Nepal’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
- 3D printing technology is booming in Nepal. One of the printing companies in Nepal (Zener Technologies) started in 2015 to bring and grow 3D printing in Nepal. For the six years, Zener has registered a growth of 100% in its sales.
- Also, in Nepal’s medical sector, 3D is thriving well. A leading biotech company in Nepal, Centre for Molecular Dynamics Nepal, has a 3D printed EEG cap.
- Nepal started with only two 3D printers in 2014, and over the years, more modern printers have been purchased. By 2018, the country had about 44 3D printers.
- As a result, more people in Nepal are looking for printers for sale from local markets and imports.
CIJ Printer 40 MICRON NOZZLE for sale
The Packaging Industry in Nepal
- Nepal’s packaging industry is on the rise. The industry was expecting to double its growth in 2015-2016 due to the ongoing infrastructure development. Besides, plastic production capacity was expected to grow by 10-11% during the same period.
- Due to the technological advancement happening in Nepal, the packaging industry that entails plastic, wrapping, and packaging paper and paperboard packaging solutions, is hoping to experience massive growth in the coming years.
- This boosting economy in Nepal will continue to push higher the demand for printers, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as inks and cleaning solutions.
Industrial Printer: TIJ Printer Double Head EA
The Manufacturing Industry in Nepal
- Nepal’s manufacturing industry is divided into three groups: Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCGs), industrial goods, and consumer goods.
- Agriculture is one of the most critical pillars in the manufacturing sector and employs about 65% of the total population in Nepal. The country produces rice, fruits and vegetables.
- According to experts who reviewed Nepal’s manufacturing sector, the manufacturing companies that come up recently prove that the country can become a manufacturing hub even though it isn’t the case right now.
Hence, Nepal’s expanding manufacturing sector has pushed higher the demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Nepal
Nepal is a landlocked country, but it uses Chinese seaports to import and exports its products. It uses the following ports;
- Port Tianjin
- Port Shenzhen
- Port Lianyungang
- Port Zhanjiang
Camainks uses the largest port of Tianjin when exporting printing products to Nepal
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Tianjin when exporting to our clients in Nepal. We have shipped items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Citronix inks
- and other printer spare parts.
Markem Imaje MB 175 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Nepal Import?
Although Nepal does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Nepal still needs to import from India, the UAE and China. This demand for importing printers and ink in Nepal is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Nepal imports from these countries include,
Compatible Willett 201 0001 730 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Nepal?
- To import printers and ink to Nepal, you require a commercial invoice, a customs declaration form (CDF), certificate of origin, and clearly marked and labeled packaging.
- Also, you need to show your general import permits and taxpayer’s certificate of the imported printers and ink.
- If you want to import chemicals or hazardous materials to Nepal, you should have an import license from Nepal’s trade authorities.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is vital to follow Nepal’s import regulations.
How to buy 50W High Speed Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Nepal Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Nepal require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Nepal, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Nepal can have variant product quality.
Domino IR 236 BK Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink in Nepal?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, many domestic manufacturers and distributors are available in Nepal. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 clients in Nepal. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.