An Overview of Tanzania
- Tanzania has a population of 53,527,936 people.
- Capital: Dodoma
- Official Language: English and Swahili
- Total Area: 947,303 km2
- Currency: Tanzanian shilling (TZS)
Economic Statistics of Tanzania
- Tanzania has reached a GDP (PPP) of 193.5 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Agricultural processing
- Soda ash
- The breakdown of Tanzania GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 28.74%
- Industry 25.1%
- Services 37.92%
- The main importers of Tanzania’s goods are;
- India 19.7%
- The United Arab Emirates 13.4%
- Switzerland 6.6%
- Rwanda 5.8%
- While the leading exporters to Tanzania are;
- China 34%
- India 15.1%
- The United Arab Emirates 12.3%
- South Africa 4.2%
- Kenya 2.9%
The Printing Industry in Tanzania
- As Tanzania’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
- Tanzania’s printing industry is moving from the traditional printing way and embracing digital printing technologies. As this industry revives, it will embrace digital printing technologies such as 3D printing.
- With the increasing number of printing companies in Tanzania, the industry will grow. As a result, it will open direct and indirect jobs to the people of Tanzania.
- Some of the top print design companies in Tanzania include; Tanganyika Productions, Kiliative Solutions, Timeless International, Adams Digicom, and Radiance Graphics.
- As a result, more people in Tanzania are looking for printers for sale from local sources and importers.
UV Inkjet Printer (32.4mm) 1-4 Heads for sale
The Packaging Industry in Tanzania
- In 2021, Tanzania will host two international plastic, printing, and packaging trade exhibitions to boost its packaging industry. The first event happens on April 2021, organized by Expogroup Exhibitions Worldwide. This trade show will cover plastic, rubber, packaging, printing, editing, and graphic design.
- On September 21-23, 2021, there will be PPPEXPO Tanzania, an International Trade Exhibition on Plastic, Printing, and Packaging. It is the largest trade event that Tanzania hosts every year, and it is concurrent with the East Africa Trade Exhibition (EAITE). This international exhibition attracts exhibitors from over 20 countries.
- This boosting economy in Tanzania will continue to push higher the demand for industrial printers, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as inks and make-ups.
Industrial printer: Handheld TIJ Printer Standard
The Manufacturing Industry in Tanzania
- The industry sector of Tanzania increased its revenue from 9.1 billion USD in 2014 to 13.5 billion USD in 2018- a 48% increase. The major sectors in Tanzania’s industry sector are construction (50%), manufacturing (31%), mining (15%), and electricity supply (3%).
- The manufacturing sector increased its value from 3 billion USD in 2014 to 4.1 billion USD in 2018- a 39% increase. The main sector in the manufacturing industry of Tanzania is agricultural goods processing.
- Food processing makes 24% of the manufacturing industry, textile and clothing take 10%, and chemicals make up 8.5%, while beverages, leather, and leather products take up the rest.
- In 2018, the country exported goods worth 795 million USD from the manufacturing sector.
Hence, Tanzania’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased the demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam port
- Zanzibar port
- Mtwara port
- Tanga port
Camainks uses the port of Dar es Salaam when exporting printing products to Tanzania
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Dar es Salaam port when exporting to our clients in Tanzania. We have exported items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Hitachi inks
- and other printer spare parts
Markem Imaje 9175 Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Tanzania Import?
Although Tanzania has some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Tanzania still needs to import from countries like China, India, and the United Arab Emirates. This demand for importing printers and ink in Tanzania is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Tanzania imports from these countries include,
Compatible Videojet V 705 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Tanzania?
- To import printers and ink to Tanzania, you need to fill the Import Declaration Form (IDF), available on the Tanzanian Revenue Authority’s (TRA’s) website or Tanzanian Customs office.
- Also, if the goods are over USD 5,000, there are subject to Pre-Shipment Verification of Conformity (PVoC).
- As the importer of printers and ink, you must provide the full contact details of the actual supplier for clearance.
- The importation of chemicals and hazardous materials is not restricted in Tanzania, and hence you can import the printing consumables such as inks and make-ups to Tanzania.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is important to follow Tanzania’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static CO2 Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Tanzania Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Tanzania require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Tanzania, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Tanzania can have variant product quality.
Videojet Ink V 20943 ink supply
Where Can I Buy printers and Ink for Tanzania?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Tanzania. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 clients in Tanzania. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.