An Overview of Thailand
- Thailand has a population of 66.56 million people
- Capital: Bangkok
- Official Language: Thai
- Total Area: 513, 120 km2
- Currency: Baht (฿)
Economic Statistics of Thailand
- Thailand has reached a GDP of $509.200 trillion. Its largest industries are;
- Automobile and automotive parts
- Finance service
- Electric appliances and components
- Heavy and light industries
- The breakdown of Thailand GDP Composition include;
- Service and industrial sectors 39.2%
- Trade and logistics 13.4%
- Communication 9.8%
- Agriculture 8.4%
- The leading importers of Thailand's goods are;
- China 21.1%
- Japan 14%
- United States of America 7.4%
- Malaysia 5.5%
- While the top exporters to Thailand are;
- United States of America 12.7%
- China 12%
- Japan 9.9%
- Vietnam 5%
- Hong Kong 4.7%
The Printing Industry in Thailand
- As Thailand's economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers, consumables such as inks and make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
- As of 2019, Kasikorn Bank estimated Thailand's printing industry to be worth 9.6 billion USD. Out of the total, 60% was from the packaging printing sector.
- According to Prapaporn Narongrit, the Thai Screen Printing and Graphic Imaging Association (TSGA) president, innovation in the printing sector is the key. Its growth depends on the manufacturers' ability to combine screen and digital printing to develop new market trends.
- Besides, the TSGA president said that Thailand has a handful of experts able to develop new products in the printing industry. TSGA, together with STYLE 2018, come together in 2018 to celebrate those printing products that had won international awards.
- As the printing industry in Thailand continues to create new products, more people are looking for printers for sale, whether from domestic sources or via imports.
VJ 1210 Printer original for sale
The Packaging Industry in Thailand
- Due to the growth of Thailand's economy, an increase in disposable income among the people, and their spending capability, the demand for packaged goods is rising. As a result, the country's packaging industry expects growth from 61.4 billion units in 2018 to 74.5 billion units in 2024.
- The food industry is the highest consumer of packaging products with a 44.9% market share, followed by the non-alcoholic beverages industry with 35.8% in 2019.
- The most used packaging materials in Thailand as of 2019 were ridged plastic with a market share of 35.8%, followed by glass and flexible packaging. Plastic use expects to rise to 36.3% by 2024.
- This boosting economy in Thailand will continue to drive demand for the industrial inkjet printer, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
Industrial Printer: High Resolution Inkjet Printer
The Manufacturing Industry in Thailand
- The primary industries in Thailand's manufacturing sector include electronics, automotive, gem & jewelry, rubber, and plastic. According to Kai Tuorila, a famous entrepreneur in the industry, the manufacturing industry expects to expand.
- One of the main trends that will grow in Thailand in the 21st century is 3D printing. It will help in the production and design of goods at a lower cost.
- Some of the significant sectors adopting the 3D printing innovation in Thailand include electronics, machinery & equipment, fashion, and auto parts.
- Hence, Thailand's expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial inksuch as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Thailand
- Bangkok port
- Laem Chabang Port
- Sriracha Harbor Deep Seaport
- Map Ta Phut port
- Ranong port
Camainks uses Bangkok Port when exporting printing products to Thailand
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Bangkok when exporting to our clients in Thailand. We have shipped items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Hitachi inks
- and other printers spare parts
Domino YL 6105 C Ink for bulk purpose
What Printers and Ink Do Thailand Import?
Thailand has local manufacturers where you can source printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printers. However, Thailand still needs to import from countries such as China, Japan, and the USA. This demand for importing printers and ink in Thailand is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink and related consumables that Thailand imports from these countries includes,
- Inkjet Printer
- Continuous Inkjet Printer
- Citronix Printers
- Domino Printer
- Videojet Printer
- Hitachi Parts
- Linx 1512 Solvent
- Laser Marking Machine
Compatible Markem Imaje 5600 Make Up for industrial purpose
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Thailand?
- Register with Thai Customs at Registration and Customs Privileges Sub-division as an importer.
- Submit your import entry form together with standard shipping documents such as bill of lading, packing list, and letter of credit.
- You require an importer's license to import chemicals/hazardous materials such as ink.
- Besides, VAT and duties are due upon arrival while importing to Thailand. If the total duties are yet to be determined and the clearance is urgent, you pay a deposit.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is crucial to follow Thailand's import regulations.
How to buy 20W Fly Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Thailand Import Printers and Ink?
Availability - The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Thailand require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Thailand, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Thailand can have variant product quality.
Citronix CIJ 300 4006 001 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Thailand?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, many domestic manufacturers and distributors are available in Thailand. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in Thailand. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.