An Overview of Dominican Republic
- The Dominican Republic has a population of 10,936,462 people.
- Capital: Santo Domingo
- Official Language: Spanish
- Total Area: 48, 671 km2
- Currency: Dominican peso (DOP)
Economic Statistics of Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic has reached a GDP (PPP) of 199.4 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Ferronickel and gold mining
- Sugar production
- The breakdown of Dominican Republic GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 5.6%
- Industry 33%
- Services 61.4%
- The main importers of the Dominican Republic’s goods are;
- The United States 53.8%
- Switzerland 7.7%
- Canada 4.9%
- India 4.6%
- China 4.5%
- While the leading exporters to the Dominican Republic are;
- The United States 49.6%
- China 13.4%
- Brazil 3.8%
- Spain 3.7%
- Mexico 2.4%
The Printing Industry in the Dominican Republic
- As Dominican Republic’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
- From 2016 to 2020, the printer, scanner, and multi-function printer industry in the Dominican Republic increased its turnover from $ 17.88 million to $18.72. Besides, it expects the revenue to reach $19 million by 2021.
- The number of printing companies in the Dominican Republic is also going higher. Some of the printing service companies in the country include Investerra SRL and Serigraf SA.
- As a result, more people in the Dominican Republic are looking for printers for sale, whether from local or international sources.
TIJ printer 4 Head for sale
The Packaging Industry in the Dominican Republic
- The Dominican Republic has started building a container glass manufacturing plant to produce 500 million bottles within one year. The plant aims to satisfy the national demand for the packaging industry in the country as it creates new jobs.
- By March 2021, the factory aims to start producing the bottles and employ about 300 people. The Dominican Republic also hopes to be exporting some of the packaging materials from this factory.
- The Dominican Republic packaging industry is growing due to rising consumer demands and improved lifestyles. People are going after products that are well-packed because they believe that well-packed products are of high quality.
- This boosting economy in the Dominican Republic will continue to push higher the demand for printers, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as inks and cleaning solutions.
Industrial printer: Handheld TIJ Printer Advanced
The Manufacturing Industry in the Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic’s exports are free-zone manufactured goods such as medical devices and garments, nickel, gold, bananas, liquor, and cocoa beans.
- Besides, the country is home to many international industrial manufacturers, including Rockwell, Kohler, Power One, Hanes, Andin International, GTE, Abbot Laboratories, Shell, and Motorola.
- The Dominican Republic is a favorable manufacturing environment because of its professional workforce, welcoming tax incentives for operation in Free Zones, and availability of incentives programs from the Caribbean Basin Initiative.
Hence, Dominican Republic’s expanding manufacturing industry sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Dominican Republic
- Port of Santo Domingo
- Port of Barahona
- Port of Haina
- Port of Puerto Plata
- Port of Caucedo
Camainks uses the port of Santo Domingo when exporting printing products to the Dominican Republic
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest port of Santo Domingo when exporting to our clients in the Dominican Republic. We have shipped items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Hitachi inks
- and other printer spare parts.
Linx 1039 Ink for bulk purchase
What Printers and Ink Do Dominican Republic Import?
Although the Dominican Republic does have some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Dominican Republic still needs to import from countries such as the US, China and Brazil. This demand for importing printers and ink in the Dominican Republic is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that the Dominican Republic imports from these countries include,
Compatible Willett 201 0001 730 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to the Dominican Republic?
- To import printers and ink to the Dominican Republic, you require a DUA form. It is a unique import Declaration document.
- Also, you should provide additional documents such as commercial invoice, Certificate of origin, and bill of lading. The documents need to be scanned and attached to the DUA Form.
- Besides, you should have a registered trade with a valid license that indicates imported goods (printers and ink) into the Dominican Republic.
- Adhere with the Dominican Customs set levies taxes requirements of the goods you are importing.
- When importing chemicals to the Dominican Republic, it is crucial to declare them through the DUA form.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is vital to follow Dominican Republic’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Fly CO2 Laser Marking Machine
Why Should the Dominican Republic Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in the Dominican Republic require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in the Dominican Republic, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in the Dominican Republic can have variant product quality.
Markem-Imaje 5160 White Ink supply
Where Can I buy Printers and Ink for the Dominican Republic?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, many domestic manufacturers and distributors are available in the Dominican Republic. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 to clients in the Dominican Republic. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.