An Overview of Trinidad & Tobago
- Trinidad & Tobago has a population of 1,403,272 people.
- Capital: Port of Spain
- Official Language: English
- Total Area: 5,131 km2
- Currency: Trinidad and Tobago dollar
Economic Statistics of Trinidad & Tobago
- Trinidad & Tobago has reached a GDP of 22.72 billion USD. Its largest industries are;
- Petroleum and petroleum products
- Liquefied natural gas
- Food processing
- The breakdown of Trinidad & Tobago GDP Composition includes;
- Agriculture 1.03%
- Industry 42%
- Services 55.11%
- The leading importers of Trinidad & Tobago’s goods are;
- The US 33%
- Guyana 9.1%
- Spain 6.5%
- China 6.3%
- Netherlands 3.3%
- While the leading exporters to Trinidad & Tobago are;
- The US 39.8%
- Guyana 18.8%
- China 5.6%
- Netherlands 3.8%
- Brazil 3.5%
The Printing Industry in Trinidad & Tobago
- As Trinidad & Tobago’s economy grows, there is an increased need to buy printers and consumables such as inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions.
- Trinidad and Tobago’s printing industry has the potential to grow each year. In 2013, a seminar entitled ‘Innovative Packaging Solutions’ was hosted at Tobago to support the Printing and Packaging sector.
- Also, Trinidad and Tobago is embracing additive manufacturing for development. In 2018, Cintec, an international structural engineering firm in Wales, used 3D printing to restore the historical Government building in Trinidad & Tobago, the Red House.
- Besides, Trinidad & Tobago has several colleges dedicated to training in different forms of printing. For instance, the Screen Printing Institute of Trinidad & Tobago Ltd., trains students on screen printing.
- As a result, more people in Trinidad & Tobago are looking for printers for sale from local and international sources.
TIJ printer 4 Head for sale
The Packaging Industry in Trinidad & Tobago
- Richard Tang, a former member of the Printing and Packaging industry Council of Trinidad and Tobago, said that research shows that food and healthcare packaging takes the largest share in the global packaging industry.
- During the Innovative Packaging Solutions seminar hosted at Ronavels in Tobago back in 2013, Tang argued the packaging solution manufacturers to be innovative. This will help in international competition and survival in the global market.
- The seminar allowed manufacturers to see the practical options that they can adopt for their products. Also, they were argued to come up with products in new shapes, more colors, and new materials.
- This boosting economy in Trinidad & Tobago will continue to push higher the demand for industrial printers, printing equipment, printing parts, and printing consumables such as make-ups and inks.
Industrial printer: CIJ printer Touch Screen
The Manufacturing Industry in Trinidad & Tobago
- Trinidad & Tobago has one of the largest manufacturing industries in the Caribbean. The oil and gas sector is one of the key pillars in the manufacturing industry, making the country provide the second cheapest electricity rate in the western hemisphere.
- Due to cheap energy, other sectors in the manufacturing industry have grown. This includes food and beverage, pulp, printing, and chemical sectors.
- Besides, the T&T manufacturing industry is the third-largest contributor to the overall GDP. It also employs about 8.2% of the total labor force.
Hence, Trinidad & Tobago’s expanding manufacturing sector has increased demand for printing and industrial ink such as Videojet ink, Inkjet refills, and Hitachi parts.
Sea Ports and Trading Hubs of Trinidad & Tobago
- Port of Spain
- Port of Scarborough
- Port of Point Lisas
Camainks uses the port of Spain when exporting printing products to Trinidad & Tobago
For importing Inkjet printers, Citronix printers, Videojet inks, and other spare parts, Camainks uses the largest Port of Spain when exporting to our clients in Trinidad & Tobago. We have shipped items such as inkjet printers, CIJ printers, laser printers, and specialized brands of printer consumables, including:
- Videojet inks
- Domino inks
- Squid inks
- and other printer spare parts
Videojet V 489 C Ink for bulk purchases
What Printers and Ink Do Trinidad & Tobago Import?
Although Trinidad has some manufacturers for printers and ink like Risograph ink and Domino Inkjet printer, Trinidad & Tobago still needs to import from countries like the US, Guyana, and China. This demand for importing printers and ink in Trinidad & Tobago is due to its fast-growing economy. Some printers, ink, and related consumables that Trinidad & Tobago imports from these countries include,
Compatible Willett 201 0001 701 Make Up for industrial printers
What Regulations Are There on Importing Printers and Ink to Trinidad and Tobago?
- You require a customs broker when importing printers and inks to Trinidad and Tobago.
- When the goods land at the T&T seaport, you need to submit the supporting documents to the customs authorities and pay the required duties before the clearance.
- To import printers and ink to Trinidad and Tobago, you require the following documents;
- Supplier’s invoice
- Copy of the bill of lading
- CARICOM Area invoice, which the supplier provides
- Certificate of origin
- Declaration on the C75 OF C76 form, which the importer signs
- When importing chemicals or hazardous materials to T&T, you require an import license from the Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- Because inks contain hazardous chemicals, it is essential to follow Trinidad and Tobago’s import regulations.
How to buy 30W Static Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Why Should Trinidad and Tobago Import Printers and Ink?
Availability: The local industry has limited capacity, and some clients in Trinidad & Tobago require printers and ink promptly.
High Product Cost - Given the domestic competition in Trinidad & Tobago, printers and the continuous ink supply are more expensive to buy domestically than on the world market.
Product Quality - While most international suppliers have a good brand reputation and quality, some smaller domestic manufacturers in Trinidad & Tobago can have variant product quality.
Markem Imaje MB 175 Ink supply
Where Can I Buy Printers and Ink for Trinidad and Tobago?
If you are looking for individual use printers and inks, there are many domestic manufacturers and distributors available in Trinidad and Tobago. However, if you are looking for large quantities of inks, make-ups, and cleaning solutions, Camainks has been exporting print products such as Videojet ink, Linx printing technologies, and markem imaje 2200 clients in Trinidad and Tobago. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +86-131-2037-9271 for a FREE quotation.
We also ship worldwide; for other countries, check out our experience here.