Table of Contents
As browsing through the web, we haven’t found a comprehensive guide dedicating to explain the details of Inkjet printers, Inkjet consumables, and products from the printing industry in general. As a result, Camainks have come up with this comprehensive guide that leads you through Inkjet printers and consumables. On this page, you will gain a better understanding of the dominating brands in the industry, different types of printers, ink solutions, printer care and maintenance, and the regulation that you need to pay attention to when trading printing products.
how do inkjet printers work?
What are Inkjet Printers and Inkjet Consumables?
Inkjet printers are the most prevalent type of consumer printer; they mainly use ionization technology. Ionization happens when you spray a few ink droplets on the paper. In other words, it encourages magnetic plates in the ink's path to direct the ink droplets. The print head mechanically moves back and forth in a pattern as the paper is fed through the printer. As a result, the print head can spray millions of small droplets on the paper.
Inkjet consumables, on the other hand, include printer ink cartridges, printer units, and other spare components. These items can be rented on a regular basis as part of your printer's routine maintenance.
Where to buy printer ink?
The production of Inkjet printers and consumables is dominated by a couple of brands in the printing industries. These brands include:
Videojet is a printing industry brand that provides the best coding and marking solutions through Videojet technologies, including Videojet printers, Videojet ink, Videojet cleaning solution, and Videojet coding machine. Furthermore, Videojet is committed to providing quality equipment, supplies, and reliable services to all of its clients.
What are Videojet technologies?
- Continuous Inkjet Printer
- This type of printer is ideal for marking on flat or curved surfaces. The Videojet Continuous Inkjet Printers technology is a non-contact printing process which can print on just about any surface with a variety of continuous inkjet inks.
- Videojet high-speed continuous inkjet printers are designed to keep along with the increased line speeds without reducing print quality. On the other hand, the light duty Videojet continuous inkjet printers use the Videojet printhead and fluid systems when operate.
- Laser Marking Machines
- Laser Markers prove to have strengths over other technologies, including higher mark quality, longer mark permanence, and less consumables. The Videojet laser marking machine line covers CO2 Laser Markers, Fiber Laser Markers, and UV Laser Markers with varying output power to serve a range of surfaces and purposes.
- Videojet High Performance CO2 laser marker, with print speeds of up to 2,100 characters/second, is an ideal solution to help address high-speed and high-volume applications in the pharmaceutical, tobacco and beverage industries.
Top Rated Videojet Laser Marking Machine
- Thermal Transfer Over printers
- All Videojet thermal transfer printer models are manufactured with as few wear parts as possible. Similarly, because printheads change out at a relatively fast pace, they also need to integrate easily into two packaging lines, either intermittent or continuous motion.
- To check for printing defects, Videojet's iAssure and CLARiTY software are the right products for you. This series not only checks for print defects but also takes pictures of every printed code. After that, it assesses the quality of the code, making sure that the code is printed correctly on the right product with consistency.
- Thermal Inkjet Printers
- Videojet 8610 is a revolutionary development that is purposefully built for professional packaging. The product is known for its MEK-compatible cartridge and its high-resolution code printings. It can also print on a diverse range of non-porous substrates such as films, foils, plastics, and coated stocks.
- If you are looking for an extensive communications protocol, then Videojet 8520 TIJ Printer is ideal for you. The product provides remote control and secondary applications while operating with high-resolution print (up to 600 dpi). Also, it is suitable for high quality small and large font codes.
What is Videojet Thermal Inkjet Printer?
- Case Coding and Labeling
- Videojet 2300 line of box printing solution is designed for all high-resolution case coding applications such as printing alphanumeric text, logos, images, and bar codes.
- PatrionPlus Inkjet Case Coding System that Videojet offers includes a single controller to drive low resolution and high-resolution printheads. Its drive can be up to 16 printheads from a single controller
- Commercial Graphics and Addressing
- Videojet addressing systems offer a diverse variety of qualities to meet a distinctive application requirement. Furthermore, to apply images directly on to mails and other alike pieces at high-speed, variable data printing systems is the one for you.
- Systems include Videojet BX 6000 Series offer a modular design and simple operation, and are particularly suitable for administrative institutions such as educational establishments and public authorities.
- Make-ups and Spare Parts
- Videojet inks can help address your unique production needs, including specialty inks that are heat, oil, and solvent resistant.
- Videojet's spare parts are also available for all Videojet companies including Videojet, Willett, Marsh, Wolke, Xymark, Labeljet, and Cheshire branded equipment.
Industrial Videojet coding machine
- Printing on Plastic
- Polyethylene and high-density polyethylene are the two most used rigid packaging plastics. With the help of Videojet solutions, it is possible to print on plastic with any surface.
- For many years, Videojet has been researching the use of PET plastic bottles. The brand became familiar with patterns such as light-weighting. PET bottles are the most prevalent type of marking used in industries. Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) and laser printing solutions are used to encode these marks.
- Videojet provides a broad range of special ink formulas that guarantee the printing quality of permanent marks and high resolution on laser machines and inkjet printers.
Best Videojet Business Inkjet Printer
- Printing on Metal
- When it comes to printing on metals, aluminum canning often appears. Its operations are one of the world's fastest developing packaging sectors, requiring the use of specialized equipment.
- Metal cans are another popular printed substrate. They are mainly used for shelf-stable foods or when goods need to be retorted. As a visual quality control indication, Videojet's ink specializes in color changes. This ensures that the goods have finished the process successfully.
- Videojet provides printing solutions that meet the needs of various applications. Its applications include ultra-high-speed printer options, as well as an extensive range of high-speed and thermochromic ink.
Videojet Inkjet Printer Spare Parts Usability
- Printing on Wood and Lumber
- Videojet offers three printing or marking technologies for printing on wood, as well as specially formulated inks to meet the needs of each application. Videojet offers over 640 ink options, including specialized fluids and inks for printing on wood.
- Videojet ensures that the code is only associated with the correct product by including code assurance capabilities in its CIJ printers. To accomplish this aim, the brans employ rules-based software, a user-friendly interface, and network communication.
Industrial Videojet Printers Usability
- Printing on Paperboard
- Paperboard packaging is useful in a variety of industries. Furthermore, it is used as primary packaging for industrial components.
- Videojet offers a wide range of marking options based on the application criteria. The portfolio of solutions includes high-speed Continuous Inkjet (CIJ) for fast production lines and laser for long-lasting markings.
- Videojet provides printing systems to meet the requirements of all applications. These printing technologies include ultra-high-speed printers, as well as a wide range of high-speed and thermochromic inks.
How Videojet Inkjet Printers Work?
- Food and Beverage
- Coding systems for the Food and Beverage industry have evolved, but food safety has always been the top priority.
- Videojet's solutions will help meet those encoding criteria while also providing a high-quality system to help with brand image and effective measures to ensure proper functioning.
- Pharmaceutical and Consumer Products
- Videojet strives to keep up with industry trends that drive a constant need for change and creativity in the fast-paced, vibrant climate that surrounds cosmetics, personal care, and home care businesses.
- Manufacturers and brands are being requested to meet new coding and marking requests for their products, ranging from consumer needs to industry requirements.
- To satisfy customer needs, Direct Mail Houses and Commercial Printers need a combination of high quality and high-speed variable printing.
- Electronics and electrical components present some specific coding problems due to the need for high resolution and high contrast coding as well as small mark windows. To reduce printing legibility, all codes must be able to withstand chemicals as the development process progresses.
Top Videojet Inkjet Printers in Food Industry
Citronix printers are used in a variety of applications and industries, including food and beverage, extrusion, cable and wire, cosmetics, personal care, pharmacy, health care, electronic components, automotive, construction materials, and others. Citronix Inc. develops and produces continuous inkjet printers for applying and identifying marks such as best before dates, traceability codes, logos, and batch codes to almost any material or surface.
- The o ci5200 is an entry-level printer capable of speeding up to 6.9m/s for ordinary 1- or 2-line printing applications. The interior is made of IP55-rated black powder-coated steel and it has various networking qualities set up for specific inks.
- The Ci5300 is an intermediate printer in a stainless steel. At speeds of up to 9.8m/s, it can handle one-to-three-line printing applications with Macro and Normal drop sizes. This printer is compatible with all non-pigment inks.
Best Business Citronix Printer CI5300
- Specialty Printers
- Citronix's small character printer for applications includes small print heights (0.6mm to 6mm print height) while maintaining high resolution. This peculiar feature is available on the Ci5500 and Ci5650 models.
- Citronix's contrast printer is designed for applications that require high contrast on complex substrates. Using pigmented inks, these printers are able to gain increasing contrast.
- Ink Range
- Citronix provides a full line of MEK, Acetone, and Ethanol-based inks, make-up, and chemical solvents specifically developed to be used with Citronix ciSeries printers.
- o Citronix inks have good adhesion characteristics on a wide range of substrates, with immediate or fast dry inks to suit the majority of applications.
Citronix Continuous Ink Supply
- Food and Beverage
- Citronix's thermotropic ink changes color after it is manufactured to ensure safe and successful process control. This is mostly used for canned foods.
- Citronix provides both red and blue Direct Food Contact (DFC) inks for egg coding. Citronix, on the other hand, provides industrial HS50 printers for high-speed printing onto plastic bottles.
- Consumer Products
- Citronix provides alcohol-resistant inks for applications requiring extra toughness, such as ethanol bottles.
- o Use Citronix's small print micro printer for discrete coding in small landing areas such as lipsticks.
Citronix Inkjet Coding Technology
Domino Printing Sciences has a worldwide reputation for the development and manufacturing of coding and marking systems and printing technology. Furthermore, Domino's Digital Printing Solutions division offers digital inkjet printers and control systems to the commercial printing industry.
- Coding, Marking, & Labelling
- Domino offers a high-quality, effective range of sturdy case markers, labelers, and coders. These are suitable for a variety of case code applications.
- From basic date codes to Grade A GS1-compliant barcode, Domino has coding solutions for a wide range of boxes, trays, bags, and shrink-wrapped materials used in a variety of applications.
- Thermal Inkjet Printing
- The Thermal Inkjet printer is intended for use on difficult substrates. The high-resolution modular Gx-Series thermal inkjet printers from Domino can easily install, manage, and use on production lines.
- Continuous Inkjet Printing
- The latest Domino Ax-Series continuous inkjet printers have distinctive technical advantages due to their speed, precision, and ability to operate in harsh and varied environments.
Industrial Domino Printers Usability
- CO2 Laser
- Domino Printing's D-Series I-Tech range of CO2 laser marking machines are small but powerful and versatile, delivering flexible, high-speed, high quality coding across a wide range of materials, with the ability to create multiple lines of text.
- Fiber Laser
- One of Domino Printing's prospective solutions for permanent and accurate laser marking of crisp is the F-Series fiber laser system. This series enables the printing of clear codes on a variety of materials.
- Thermal Transfer Overprinting
- Domino's V-Series thermal transfer over printers, known as the TTO, can print variable data, machine-readable codes, and images onto flexible packaging films and labels in real-time.
- Digital Printing
- The Full-Color Inkjet Label Press provides excellent print quality at flexo speeds for all label industries.
- A digital corrugated printing press is a single-pass digital press that allows you to build short and medium-run market opportunities profitably.
- The K-Series produces high-resolution text, bar codes, graphics, and variable data on a variety of uncoated and coated media, plastic cards, and label stocks.
How to choose Domino Inkjet printer?
- The Ax-Series' special I-Tech Module employs an inkjet management system, which reduces maintenance downtime while increasing canning output.
- With the new Ax350i printer, food producers now have a high-speed, low-cost option for coding direct to foil using food-grade inks that eliminate the risk of taint or transfer.
Top Rated Domino Inkjet Printer in Food Industry
- Ax-Series continuous inkjet printers or high-speed laser coding with an F220i fiber Laser solution help ensure maximum cable coding.
- The Ax-Series provides more flexibility, higher throughput, and faster changeovers than conventional coding techniques. It is also designed to work with the most advanced cable processing equipment.
- A variety of coding formats, including up to 32 Dot Matrix, allow for legible coding on small and large wires. The F220i laser generates a permanent code that lasts the entire life of the cable.
- Personal Care
- The Ax-Series of Domino's continuous inkjet printers (CIJ) enables customers to print directly on bottles, bottle caps, plastic sleeves, and labels – with whatever codes/data they choose.
Most Reliable Domino Business Inkjet Printers
Hitachi Industrial Equipment assists manufacturers and producers in increasing the versatility and effectiveness of their operations. This is typically accomplished through high-quality industrial equipment offerings that continuously deliver benefits such as increased production uptime, throughput, and cost savings. Hitachi Industrial Equipment is backed by a dedicated team of distributors and industry experts who are solely focused on assisting these entities in achieving operational excellence.
- Coding, Marking, & Labelling
- High-Speed model continuous inkjet printers from Hitachi Industrial Equipment are used for high-speed production applications such as wire and cable and beer lines. The UX Series offers an ideal balance between low cost of ownership and high performance.
- Multipurpose printers can be used for a variety of printing tasks. These inkjet printers have advanced one-touch menu selection, onscreen troubleshooting, and a versatile umbilical design.
Hitachi Inkjet Printers for Sale
- Laser Markers
- Hitachi provides a variety of lasers with varying wavelengths. Each wavelength is best suited for marking a particular type of substrate.
- Hitachi technology delivers a range of wavelengths and versatile power and focal lens configuration, resulting in optimal performance for coding on a variety of packaging substrates such as paper, cardboard, glass, or plastics.
- Ink and Makeup
- For the proper handling and disposal of Hitachi industrial continuous inkjet printer Make-up Type, Ink Type, and Cleaning Solution, Hitachi provides Material Safety Data Sheets or MSDS.
- The Material Safety Data Sheets for Hitachi industrial continuous inkjet printers comply with ANSI Z400.1, as well as 29 CFR 1910.1200, the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.
Industrial Hitachi Printers Usability
Linx coding equipment is now sold in 92 countries, with plans to increase the coding and marking product portfolio. Linx's flexible coding and marking products are used in a variety of industries around the world, including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, automobile, cabling, and electronics.
- Continuous Inkjet Printers
- The Linx 10 is a small character Continuous Ink Jet (CIJ) printer that is simple to set up and use. It is intended for printing best before dates, batch coding, and barcodes on slow and medium-speed production lines.
- Laser Coders
- The Linx CSL10 is a high-end, 10 W CO2 scribing laser coder. It is intended to be cost-effective while also being flexible, and it is suitable for a wide range of laser marking applications. It also generates complex variable codes and dynamic messages for quality coding on a wide range of materials, even on high-speed lines.
Best Linx Industrial Inkjet Printers
- Packaging Printers
- The Linx IJ355 and IJ375 large character case coding machines are a less expensive alternative to labels, and preprinted boxes, text, logos, and graphics up to 2.09 inches (or 2.76 inches) in height can be printed onto porous substrates like paper, card, and wood.
- Thermal Transfer Over Printers
- The Linx TT 500 is a lightweight printer designed for printing on material properties like bags, pouches, labels, and flow wrap. It can code zones up to 1.26" x 3.94".
- Ink and Fluids
- Linx Exceptional Adherence Inks are intended for applications where manufacturing procedures may compromise other inks' adherence or longevity.
- Coding inks for plastics and plastic films such as nylon, polyethylene, polypropylene, including untreated OPP and BOPP, and polyvinyl chloride.
Linx Continuous Ink Supply System
- Linx laser coders, which are widely used in the automotive industry, have the most setup options and can deliver ultra-reliable, permanent codes onto a wide range of materials at high line speeds, including rubber and plastic.
- Laser coders successfully produce the 2D codes necessary for automotive traceability.
- Food, Baked Goods, and Meat
- Linx CIJ is perhaps the most valuable option for baked goods marking and coding; it maintains a notable position due to its ability to print on virtually any substrate.
- Colored inks for legibility on any color substrate, UV-readable inks for anti-counterfeiting, and water-removable inks for internal traceability are all available for use with CIJ printers, which adds another dimension to the coding process.
Industrial Linx Inkjet Printers Usability in the Food Industry
- Linx CIJ printers use chemically resistant inks to ensure code durability during rigorous manufacture and end-of-life processes. Pigmented inks enhance the clarity of any color substrate, particularly HDPE and PET containers.
- Construction and Packaging Printing
- Both CIJ and Laser Coders address construction market issues. Linx eliminates the problem of wear and tear when marking abrasive materials, from the need for high-contrast to non-contact coding.
- Electronics and Wire and Cable
- Linx CIJ coders enable consumers to code lines as thin as .05 inch
- Laser coders can be as small as 0.03 inches in size. With one of our CIJ or laser solutions, even the smallest electronic components can be legibly coded.
- Medical & Protective Equipment, Nutraceuticals, and Pharmaceuticals
- UV readable inks are used for anti-counterfeiting and discrete codes, making them suitable for medical goods.
- Linx laser coders, in addition to inks, provide durable micro-printing capabilities adequate for anti-counterfeiting or encoding precisely onto surfaces with 0.8mm codes.
How Linx Printing Technologies work?
Markem-Imaje, a corporation from the Us Dover Corporation, is a well-known global manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, providing a comprehensive range of dependable and creative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems. Furthermore, Markem-Imaje serves over 50,000 clients globally through 30 companies, 6 technology centers, numerous equipment repair centers, and manufacturing plants.
- Continuous Inkjet Printers
- The 9000 Series is a line of full-featured printers intended for demanding manufacturing environments and general-purpose printing. Furthermore, it is used for exceptional applications such as high contrast and high-performance marking.
- Thermal Transfer Over Printers
- With the fastest print and acceleration/deceleration speeds available, the SmartDate Series delivers high-quality printing on flexible packaging films, foils, and labels for continuous and intermittent operations. They have multiple ribbon-saving features
Markem-Imaje Inkjet Coding Technology
- Large Character High-Resolution Piezo
- Coders 5400 and 5800 print codes and trademarks. Their Touch Dry® Hot Melt inks are solvent-free and non-hazardous to the environment. Codes never bleed or fade, dry on contact, and are always legible.
- Series coders are ideal for high-speed printing in large coding areas and harsh production environments, especially those that require multi-head scribing. They provide excellent high contrast codes and can cover coding and scoring applications at the same time.
- Thermal Inkjet
- The coders in the 1000 Series are intended for sporadic or low-volume production. They are also excellent for case codes in dusty, wet, or corrosive settings. They provide high-resolution codes at high speeds while being simple to use and manage.
What is Markem-Imaje Thermal Inkjet Printer?
- Valve jet Large Character
- 4020 and Crayon Plus are pioneering in their simplicity and versatility. Crayon Plus is ideal for one-side case coding due to its small size, whereas 4020 is ideal for multi-side case coding up to three shifts.
- Digital Printing
- Designed to digitally print variable data on labels and blister packs to ease serialization and traceability. The CSAT product line is well-suited to the market's long-term needs.
- ITS6 drop-on-demand inkjet technology allows print-on-demand features for quick work changes, enhancing competitiveness and coding versatility.
Best Business Markem-Imaje Printer 9450 S
In the printing industry, there are many types of industrial printers that contain different functionality. These types of printers include:
In the manufacturing industry, continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers are used to provide precise and coherent product marking and coding. They provide a low-cost method of printing accurate and consistent data information on manufacturing lines, such as expiration dates, QR codes, and batch codes, while also adhering to increasingly strict industry rules and maintaining quality control.
- Benefits of business Continuous Inkjet Printers / CIJ Printers
- The use of a microscopic nozzle and an adjustable ultrasonic vibration mechanism produces inkjet droplets on a comparatively small scale in the CIJ system. As a result, CIJ technology is an excellent choice for printing high-resolution artwork.
- As electrostatically charged particles are ejected from the print nozzle at a high rate, CIJ technology integrates seamlessly into any rapidly manufacturing environment.
- Because the printing nozzle of a CIJ printer is regularly engaged, it is less likely to become clogged with ink particles. CIJ printers would operate for several hours before needing to be serviced. This will help to reduce production costs and eliminate time-consuming delays.
Most Reliable Business Continuous Inkjet Printers
- CIJ Printer Case Studies by Industries
- Food, Pharmaceutical, and Cosmetics Industries
- Industries can use continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers to print expiration dates and lot numbers on the individual snack, food, and condiment packaging films.
- When installed in a very pillow-type packaging machine or rotary filler, a continuous inkjet (CIJ) printer can help prevent printing errors while improving manufacturing productivity. Manufacturers can also use continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers to print use-by dates and lot numbers on pharmaceutical and cosmetic product container bottles.
- Electrical Machinery and Electronics Industries
- Continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers with non-contact printing capabilities are widely used for products that are prone to damage. Laser markers are often used to mark connectors, switches, and PCBs.
- Continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers, on the other hand, have been used in situations where laser marking would be detrimental to products such as insulating film, stainless steel, or flexible PCBs, or where the marking intensity could be reduced to demonstrate resin's high heat resistance.
Industrial Continuous Inkjet Printers Usability
- Automotive, Metal, and Other Industries
- Continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers with consistent quasi printing are used in a variety of applications, including automotive. Continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers can print on uneven surfaces such as mufflers and aluminum wheels without making contact.
- Continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers are used to reduce corrosion on goods with plated or cation-painted surfaces. White or yellow ink is used to print on dark-painted engine compartment components.
Thermal inkjet (TIJ) printers use traditional ink cartridge systems that do not require any ink or solvent bottles, making them sterile and easy to use. Thermal inkjet printers employ a drop ejection process, with ink stored in a cartridge regulating fluid pressure. The inks are then sent to the firing chamber and heated to over 1,000,000 degrees Celsius per second by an electric resistor.
- Benefits of Industrial Thermal Inkjet Printers / TIJ Printers
- Thermal inkjet printers are a low-cost printing alternative that prints quickly and with a high-quality finish.
- They have the ability to print on a wide range of surfaces, including ordinary and specialty papers, plastics, metals, and cartons.
- The majority of these printers are easy to use and do not need any training or practice.
- Because they do not have a warm-up or cool-down cycle, they are always available for use.
What is Thermal Inkjet Printer?
Microscopic piezoelectric components, such as crystals and ceramics, are constructed behind the print nozzles in the Epson Micro Piezo print head. When an electrical charge is applied to these elements, they invert backward, causing specific quantities of ink to be forced onto the substrate. Because electrical charges can be switched on and off like a switch, there is a great deal of control over the rate at which ink is expelled through the nozzle while still producing perfectly spherical dots of varying droplet sizes.
- Benefits of Industrial Piezo Printers
- Because of the low temperature, accuracy and variable droplet sizes, a wide range of inks, such as solvent, UV, pigment, and dye, may be used.
- Droplet sizes of as little as 1.5 picolitre run for a longer period of time due to the extreme weather.
How Piezo Inkjet Printers Work?
A laser printer uses a focused beam of light to transfer text and images to paper. Contrary to popular belief, the laser does not necessarily burn photographs onto the paper. Instead, as the paper passes through the printer, the laser beam circles the cylindrical drum's surface, known as a photoreceptor; this drum has an electrical charge, which is normally positive but is reversed in regions where the laser beam strikes it. The laser beam will print patterns, such as text and images, onto the photoreceptor by reversing the charge in the drum's specific regions.
- Benefits of Industrial Laser Printers
- Laser printers are toner-based devices that melt toner dust onto your prints using laser technology. The result is an elegant look that does not bleed when wet.
- Laser printers are intended for high-volume printing. They can print several pages without encountering clusters or other problems.
- The laser beam used by the laser printer is known to move rapidly, which speeds up the printing process.
- Even though laser printers are mechanical devices, they are more dependable and long-lasting. Toners, unlike ink cartridges, do not dry out or evaporate.
- Although a laser printer has a higher initial cost, it can print more papers for a lower cost.
Top Rated Laser Marking Machine
- Types of Laser Printers
- Monochrome Laser Printers
- Monochrome laser printers are machines that use a laser beam to control where a single color is applied to paper to print text and photographs from computers.
- They are often quicker than other kinds of printers and can normally produce large quantities of black-and-white documents at a lower cost than other printers.
- Color Laser Printers
- A color laser printer that prints in four toner cartridges: cyan, magenta, purple, and black, known as CMYK. The colors are applied to the drum one at a time and then adhered to the paper.
How do Laser Marking Machines work?
A 3D printer is a component of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) equipment that produces three-dimensional objects. A 3D printer, like a typical printer, reads digital data from a computer as input. A 3D printer, on the other hand, instead of printing the output on paper, creates a three-dimensional model out of customizable material.
- Benefits of Industrial 3D Printers
- Rapid prototyping is one of the most significant advantages of 3D printing technology. Rapid prototyping is the ability to design, manufacture, and test a tailored part in the shortest amount of time possible. Furthermore, if necessary, the design can be amended without impacting the manufacturing process's speed.
- Another benefit of 3D printing is that any printer can generate almost everything that fits within its build volume. In 3D printing, the design is fed into slicer software, necessary supports are added, and then the object is printed with little or no alteration in physical machinery.
How 3D Printing Technologies work?
- 3D Printing Process
- Material Extrusion
- Material Extrusion is a 3D Printing (also known as Fused Filament Fabrication or Fused Deposition Modeling) technology used to generate three-dimensional artifacts from thermoplastic materials in filament form.
- Vat Polymerization
- Vat Polymerization is a 3D printing technique that uses photopoly-merization to convert liquid polymers into solids by exposing them to ultraviolet light, or UV.
- Powder Bed Fusion (Polymers)
- Powder bed fusion, or PBF, is a type of additive manufacturing in which a heat source, such as a laser or a thermal print head, is used to consolidate material in powder form to generate three-dimensional structures.
- Material Jetting
- Material jetting is a newer 3D printing method that makes use of liquid photopolymer and UV light. Learn everything there is to know about this cutting-edge technology, including how it works, its benefits and drawbacks, and the best places to use it.
Industrial 3D Printers Usability
- Types of 3D Printing Technologies
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM): FDM printers use a thermoplastic filament that is heated to its melting point before being extruded layer by layer to make a three-dimensional object.
- Digital Light Processing (DLP): Digital Light Processing (DLP) is an additive manufacturing process known as 3D printing and stereolithography, which uses DLP technology to print a 3D object based on a design created in a 3D modeling software.
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS): SLS is additive manufacturing, known as AM, technology that involves a laser as a source of electricity to sinter powdered material, generally nylon or polyamide, continuously aiming the laser at points in space defined by a 3D model and linking the material together to form a solid structure.
- Drop on Demand (DOD) 3D printing: Drop on Demand (DOD) 3D printing is a technology that employs two inkjets. The first adds the construction materials, and the second the ordinarily soluble support material.
Most economical 3D printing sciences
Besides printers, many solutions-based industrial inks available in the printing industries. These inks are compatible with different types of printers. The different types of ink include:
- Dye-based Ink
- Dye-based ink employs colorants that are readily dissolved in liquid. Water-soluble dye-ink can also be thought of as sugar that dissolves in water.
- Dye-based inks have a larger color space, allowing for more vivid and vivid prints. However, unless printed on specially coated label material, it will come off when exposed to water. The print is then water-resistant as long as the label does not rub against something abrasive.
Continuous Dye-Based. Ink Supply System
- Pigment-based Ink
- A pigment-based ink transfers color by using solid particles of pigment powder in ink itself. Because it resists fading from liquid and does not smudge as much when drying, this ink is more durable than dye-based inks.
- As a result, it is ideal for use with documents (particularly photos) that are archived. Pigment-based inks are ideal for printing on slicker surfaces to create the illusion of transparency. They are, however, more costly than dye-based ink.
- Solvent Based
- Due to the volatility of the solvent, solvent-based inks are usually quick-drying. It is often used to print a wide range of goods on a larger scale, including those that will be used outside.
- Solvent-based inks are also used in the thermoforming process to prepare sliding decals. The packaging industry is the primary driver of the solvent-based ink market. As a result, the rapidly growing packaging industry is likely to drive the solvent-based ink market.
- Because of their weather resistance, scratching, and high temperatures, solvent-based inks are essential for use on packaging of many different types of products, particularly on a wide range of exteriors.
Compatible Citronix Yellow Makeup
- UV Ink
- UV ink is an important consumable for UV printers. The UV inkjet ink used in your digital printer should be selected based on the decorated product, as specialty inks work best on particular substrates.
- UV ink is intended for use on a wide range of substrates, including plastic, glass, metal, and wood, as well as non-traditional substrates such as clothing. UV inkjet ink is available in a variety of hard, versatile, and edible ink.
- OEM Cartridges
- OEM cartridges, also known as name-brand cartridges, are cartridges that come with the original printer. They are often referred to as "OEMs," the original equipment manufacturer.
- Because of the costs associated with research and development, OEM cartridges can be more costly than aftermarket cartridges.
- They are well-known for their dependability since name-brands commonly supply them.
Printer Ink on Sale
- A compatible cartridge is a brand-new printer cartridge manufactured by a different manufacturer than the original brand.
- These cartridges have never been used before and are specially designed to distinguish themselves from the OEM cartridge. Regardless of their structural differences, they are intended to fit perfectly in printers and print with OEM cartridges' same capabilities.
- It is analogous to purchasing a generic version of an OEM product. Because they do not have to worry about R&D costs, compatible cartridge makers will keep costs low.
- Solid Ink Cartridges
- Before being used in the printhead, the solid wax ink is melted and turned into a liquid.
- The piezoelectric drop on demand procedure is often used to jet solid inks from nozzles.
Industrial Printer Ink Usability
Printer Care and Maintenance
How to Clean?
- To clean the outside of the printer. First, you need to moisten a paper towel or soft cloth with hot water/cleaning solutions.
- Secondly, wipe the exterior of the printer gently. The purpose of cleaning the printer's exterior is to remove any printing ink that may have transferred to the outside of the printer from documents.
- The first step is to remove the ink cartridge from your printer and then dip a cotton cloth in hot water/cleaning solution.
- Then, you need to rub it against the print head; this step should loosen any crusted ink.
- Alternatively, if the print head is in the cartridge, soak the cartridge print head in hot water/cleaning solution. Allow it to soak overnight and dry the printer head area with a paper towel.
How to Clean Inkjet Printer?
Although most cleaning solutions can be purchased from the OEM brands such as Videojet, Citronix, and Hitachi technologies, there are some substitutes that you can use, including creating one on your own.
- Steps for DIY Printer Cleaner
- Fill a jar at three-fourths of the water level with clean distilled or bottled water. If you don't have distilled water available, filter the water with coffee filters.
- Second, you need to measure 15 milliliters of isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol, then add it to the jar.
- Add one drop of liquid dish soap to the mixture. Take a note here, use only plain soap. Don't use concentrated liquid soap or soap that contains antibacterial, lotion, or other additives.
- Lastly, stir the mixture well thoroughly until all ingredients blend.
How to Buy Printer Cleaning Solution?
- The Controller is an electronic assembly that sends and receives commands from other devices.
- The Control Pane is a display and switch panel on the printer. It indicates the status of the control subsystem and may be used to reconfigure the machine settings.
- The DC power supply is a direct current that converts AC power at the appropriate voltage level to power electronic devices. These currents are commonly +5V, -5V, +24V.
- The Dpi or dots per inch is a measure of the resolution of printing imagery. An image on a page is made of tiny dots, where a vertical or horizontal line can have up to 1200 dots per inch.
Industrial Printer Spare Parts
- As described by EHSO, SDS is a document that describes the chemical properties of a product. This data encompasses physical, health, environmental risks, protective measures, and protective measures to handle, store, and export the chemical.
- A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is required under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard. The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is a comprehensive educational document prepared by the manufacturer or importer of hazardous substances. Similar to SDS, it also describes the physical and chemical properties of the product. Furthermore, MSDS contains useful information such as flashpoints, toxicity, procedures for spills, leaks, and storage guidelines.
- Both SDS and MSDS are available on all brands' websites. Search the brand name followed by SDS/MSDS. Knowing this information will help you understand the potential health and physical hazards of a chemical since it describes how to respond effectively to exposure situations.
FDA Inks guidelines
- According to ILO, some regulations on chemicals include:
- " to promote shared responsibility and cooperative efforts among Parties in the international trade of certain hazardous chemicals in order to protect human health and the environment from potential harm;
- " to contribute to the environmentally sound use of those hazardous chemicals, by facilitating information exchange about their characteristics, by providing for a national decision-making process on their import and export and by disseminating these decisions to Parties. "
- Since Printing Ink is considered to be a hazardous material when exporting/importing, it is important to follow trading regulations on dangerous chemicals.
- Some countries we have dealt with include:
How to trade Inkjet printers and consumables?
Hope this comprehensive guide on the dominating printing brands, different types of printers, ink solutions, printer care and maintenance, and the regulation that you need to pay attention to when trading printing products is useful to you. If you need additional information or have any questions regarding this guide, feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] or send a message on WhatsApp at +86-131-2037-9271. Our customer support team will go out of its way to help you in every way possible.